Facebook: Siena College Cheerleading
Who is the Siena Cheer Squad? The Siena College Cheer Squad is comprised of 15-22 undergraduate students, currently enrolled at Siena. The Cheer Squad is dedicated to raising Saints Spirit on campus by supporting Siena athletic programs and attending department and community events.
When does the Siena Cheer Squad perform? Currently, the Cheer Squad can be seen at the men's and women's regular season home basketball games, leading the crowd in cheers and performing at time-outs and halftime.
What is the Siena Cheer Squad practice schedule? Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-9pm, with an additional practice on the weekends. Practices are mandatory, and we ask squad members to make their schedules around these times.
When are tryouts? Saturday, September 15th, 2018 from 10am - 5pm and Sunday, September 16th, 2018 from 11am - 1pm. Tryouts will be held in the Marcelle Athletic Complex on Courts 3 and 4. Please be on time and bring a copy of your class schedule and a writing utensil. Tryout Requirements: *Prior cheerleading experience is required! You will perform the following skills and scored accordingly
- Jumps: Strong jump technique required, good flexibilty and variations preferred.
- Cheer: Strong motion technique and strong voice projection required.
- Dance: Strong dance and motion technique required and variety of dance skills preferred.
- Tumbling: Roundoff Backhandspring/Standing Backhandspring preferred.
- Stunting: Flyers are required to have the following skills: Single leg position variation including heel stretch, scale and arabesque (great flexibility in these positions is a must), and basket toss experience. The following skills are preferred but not required: The ability to fly on either leg, single leg positions of scorpions and bow & arrows, twisting capabilities, flipping basket toss and two-high stunt experience.
- Base/Backspots:Experience under single leg stunts, twist downs and basket tosses is required as well as the ability to both know how to main and side base. Experience basing flipping basket tosses and basing/backing two-high stunts is preferred.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.