Nov. 17, 2013
The Siena volleyball team needs a victory and some major help from new best friend Canisius Sunday afternoon in order to qualify for next week's MAAC Championships here in Loudonville. An improbable set of circumstances have put the Saints on the brink of elimination even though they enter their regular-season finale just a match out of first place.
You can follow all the action today by using the links at the top of the page. Today's Senior Day video stream will include audio commentary, multiple cameras and graphics.
- This is Siena's final match of the regular-season
- In order to make the MAAC Tournament, Siena needs to win AND have Canisius defeat Fairfield. If that doesn't happen, the Saints will become the first team in MAAC history to fail to qualify for the Championships with six or fewer MAAC losses
- Prior to the match the Saints will recognize seniors Taylor Akana and Kelly Hurlburt. Akana has enjoyed one of the great careers in program history, ranking second with 1,686 kills and fourth with 1,384 kills
- Siena will even its record at 14-14 with a win. The Saints have won three straight league matches and are 6-2 at home this year
- Sophomore Meghann Wright led Siena with 16 kills yesterday. Wright is second on the team with 2.4 kills per set
- Freshman Haley Howell is third in the MAAC with 9.93 assists per set. Howell has been named MAAC Rookie of the Week five times
Scouting Saint Peter's
- Saint Peter's two MAAC wins have come in five sets over Niagara
- The Peacocks have lost five straight matches
- Lauren Behrens and Dayana Arrufat are each averaging over 2.5 kills per set
- Saint Peter's is second in the MAAC in aces per set (1.65). Laura Reinhart is second in the league with 0.46 aces per set and Behrens is third with 0.37
- Jennifer Pliska is third in the MAAC with 4.72 digs per set