Nov. 15, 2013
Watch | Live Stats| Mobile Stats
The Siena volleyball team closes regular-season play with two home matches this weekend, beginning with Friday's 1 p.m. match against Rider. Even though no team with six or fewer losses has ever failed to qualify for the MAAC Volleyball Championships, the Saints need to win and they need some help to punch their ticket.
The Last Meeting
October 13, 2013
Volleyball Takes Over First Place in MAAC
Taylor Akana had 14 kills and 17 digs to lead Siena to a 3-0 (25-14, 25-20 and 25-22) sweep of Rider Sunday in Lawrenceville, N.J. The Saints improved to a MAAC-best 8-1 on the season and a perfect 6-0 in conference road games.
Click the WATCH link at the top of the page to purchase a passport to view today's match.
- Siena wraps up the regular-season with today's match and tomorrow's Senior Day contest against Saint Peter's
- The Saints likely need to win both matches and get some help in tonight's Manhattan - Iona contest to make the MAAC Tournament. A Manhattan win OR an Iona sweep would mean Siena controls its own destiny
- Taylor Akana averaged 4.5 kills per set last weekend and set career high for digs in match (26 v. Niagara) and hitting percentage (.457 v. Canisius)
- Akana is second in the MAAC with 3.37 kills per set. She led the conference in each of her first three seasons
- Freshman Haley Howell is third in the MAAC with 9.82 assists per set. Howell has been named MAAC Rookie of the Week five times
- Jacqueline Skeen is fourth in the MAAC in blocks and eighth in hitting percentage
- Freshman Kaitlyn Griffin has been named MAAC Rookie of the Week five times this season. Griffin leads the Broncs with 2.51 kills per set.
- Rider has not had a winning season since 2004
- Siena is 23-3 all-time vs. Rider. The Saints have never lost to the Broncs since 2004
- Rider is third in the team in blocks and fourth in aces