Nov. 9, 2013
Watch | Live Stats| Mobile Stats
Siena looks to save its season and snap a four-match losing streak when it hosts Canisius in a huge MAAC match today at 1 p.m. With just four matches remaining, the Saints need a late season surge to claim one of the four bids to the MAAC Tournament which it will host November 23-24.
The Last Meeting
September 29, 2013
Taylor Akana and Meghann Wright combined for 38 kills as the Siena volleyball team rallied past Canisius 3-2 (20-25, 25-18, 18-25, 25-22 and 15-9) Sunday, capping off a remarkable week in conference play. The Saints improved to 5-0 in the MAAC with the dramatic comeback.
Clicks the WATCH link at the top of the page to purchase a passport to view today's match.
- Siena has lost four straight MAAC matches, falling into fifth place in the league
- Senior Taylor Akana was named to the CoSIDA Capital One District 1 All-Academic team this week
- Akana enters this weekend's matches with 1,641 kills (2nd all-time at Siena) and 1,305 digs (5th all-time)
- Haley Howell has been named MAAC Rookie of the Week five times this season
- Jacqueline Skeen is 4th in the MAAC in blocks (1.05) and ninth in hitting
- The Griffs have won 10 of their last 17 matches
- Canisius leads the MAAC in blocks per set (2.26)
Senior Emily Elek has 957 kills, needing 43 kills to become the 10th player in program history with 1,000 career kills
Sophomore Lauren Siebert is seventh in the MAAC in attack percentage (.259)
Junior Emily Litwin is second in the MAAC in digs per set (4.85)