Oct. 20, 2013
Siena and Fairfield meet Sunday afternoon in the ARC in a rematch of the 2012 MAAC Championship match. The Saints defeated the Preseason MAAC favorites in five sets earlier this season in Connecticut, but the Stags enter today's match healthy and on a season-long six-match win streak.
Click the WATCH link at the top of the page to purchase a passport to view today's match.
- Siena and Fairfield have played for the MAAC Championship seven times, including last season at Fairfield
- The Saints are 6-1 all-time against the Stags in the MAAC Championship match with the only loss coming in five sets last season
- Siena is alone in first place in the MAAC with a 9-1 record, a half game ahead of second place Manhattan (8-1)
- The Saints are 6-0 in MAAC road games and will play five of their final eight league matches this season at home
- Siena rallied from two sets down to defeated Fairfield in five sets on September 25
- Senior Taylor Akana had seven of her match-high 13 kills in the decisive fourth set of yesterday's win
- Fairfield enters today's match on a season-long six match win streak
- The Stags defeated Marist in four sets yesterday to take over third place in the MAAC
- Fairfield is 29-17 all-time against Siena. The Stags are the only team in the MAAC with a winning all-time record against the Saints
- Head Coach Alija Pittenger recorded her 100th career victory on October 9
- Senior setter Rachel Romansky eclipsed 1,000 digs and 4,000 assists in the second set of Fairfield 3-1 win over Canisius last weekend
- Fairfield is just one win shy of 500 all-time program wins