Oct. 19, 2013
Watch | Live Stats| Mobile Stats
The red-hot Siena volleyball team returns home today at 1 p.m. against new MAAC foe Quinnipiac. If you can't make it to the ARC, you can watch all the action in High Definition from the comfort of your own home or mobile device by using the links above.
The Last Meeting
October 9, 2013
Taylor Akana (5) and Kiara Pierre (5) combined for 10 of Siena's season-high 20 aces in a 3-1 (25-15, 25-18, 25-27 and 25-14) MAAC win over Quinnipiac Wednesday night in Hamden, Conn. The Saints improved to 6-1 in MAAC play with the victory, tying Manhattan atop the league standings.
Just click the WATCH link at the top of the page to purchase a passport to view today's match.
- Siena is 10-0 all-time against Quinnipiac
- Senior Taylor Akana comes into Saturday with the third-highest kills per set average (3.58) in MAAC competition. Junior Jacqueline Skeen has the third-highest hitting percentage (.331) of any player in the conference.
- Akana has moved into second place on Siena's all-time kills chart with 1,564 career kills and sixth all-time with 1,238 all-time digs.
- The Saints had 20 aces in their win at Quinnipiac last Wednesday. That's the most in any match in Garvey Pierre's 11-year tenure
- Freshman setter Haley Howell was named MAAC Rookie of the Week for the fourth time Tuesday. Howell is third in the MAAC with 9.2 assists per set.
- Freshman libero Bobbi Lin Kalama is averaging 4.2 digs per set in MAAC matches
- Allison Leigh currently leads all MAAC players with 1.27 blocks per set. Leigh set a program Division I record with 13 blocks against Rider
- Senior libero Logan Riker, already the program's all-time leader in digs, picked up a season-high 21 digs against Saint Peter's
- Freshman outside hitter Katie Urycki smashed a career and game high 17 kills against Saint Peter's, the most for any Bobcat in a match this season
- Freshman setter Emma Ogden has been named MAAC Player of the Week and MAAC Rookie of the Week this season
- The Bobcats travel to play Marist Sunday