Oct. 17, 2012
The Siena volleyball team hits UHY Court at the ARC tonight for a midweek MAAC match against Iona. If you can't make it to the match, you can watch it from your computer, tablet or smart phone. Today's All Access "full production" features audio commentary, multiple cameras and graphics.
The Saints are hot at home, having won five straight contests, helping push their league record to 7-3. Iona has been heading in the other direction. The Gaels have lost four straight, and six consecutive league matches.
- The Saints have won five straight home matches
- Taylor Akana was named MAAC Player of the Week for the third time in her career Monday
- Akana averaged 4.0 kills and 3.12 digs per set on the week. Her marquee effort came in a four-set win over Loyola when she posted 22 kills without an error
- Colleen Ahearn has reached double figures in kills in seven straight matches. She has averaged 3.3 kills per set over that stretch and hit .346
- Rachel Stoklosa is averaging 2.8 kills per set - up from 1.6 as a freshman. She posted her 10th double-double of the season Saturday
- Jacqueline Skeen had a team-high 17 kills in Siena's win at Iona on Oct. 7
- Sarah Sivertson is second in the MAAC with 10.75 assists/set
- Iona has lost its last four matches and six of its last seven
- The Gaels won their first three leagues matches (Manhattan, Saint Peter's and Fairfield), but have since lost six straight
- Six Gaels are from California
- Libero Theresa Harvey ranks fourth in the MAAC with 5.42 digs/set. The Gaels are second in the MAAC in digs/set (18.04)
- Catrina Warren is one of three players in the MAAC to rank in the top-10 in kills (8th - 3.07/set) and hitting percentage (3rd - .324)