Oct. 14, 2012
The Siena volleyball team tries to run its home win streak to five matches when it hosts upstart Rider Sunday at 2 p.m. in the ARC. If you can't make it to the match, you can watch it from your computer, tablet or smart phone.
With a victory, Siena will improve to 7-3 in the MAAC with a home match against Iona up next Wednesday night.
- Libero Lesli Akeo passed the 2,000-dig mark in yesterday's win
- Only five players in MAAC history have amassed 2,000 digs
- Taylor Akana had 22 kills and no errors against Loyola
- Siena enjoyed its most efficient offensive performance (.429 hitting percentage) since a Nov. 11, 2007 win over Marist (.556) in yesterday's win
- The Saints have won four straight home matches
- Colleen Ahearn has reached double figures in kills in six straight matches. She has averaged 3.3 kills per set over that stretch and hit .355
- Rider saw its three-match win streak snapped yesterday at Marist (3-1)
- The Broncs have already won as many matches as they did in any of the previous six seasons. Rider's three MAAC wins are its most since 2006.
- Rider entered the weekend tied for second in the MAAC with Siena in opponents hitting percentage (.175). The Broncs are third in the league in digs per set.
- Brittany Gajewski is second in the MAAC with 5.39 digs per set
- Four Rider players are averaging more than two kills per set
- Rider is 6-1 at home and 1-8 on the road