Oct. 14, 2012
Mobile Live Stats
The Siena volleyball team tries to run its home win streak to five matches when it hosts upstart Rider Sunday at 2 p.m. in the ARC. If you can't make it to the match, you can watch it from your computer, tablet or smart phone.
The Last Meeting
October 22, 2011
Siena Takes Care Of Business, Sweeps Rider
Elizabeth Ives had six aces to lead the resurgent Siena volleyball team to a 3-0 (25-19, 25-23 and 25-17) victory over visiting Rider Saturday afternoon at the ARC. It was the third straight MAAC win for the Saints. They try to even their conference mark tomorrow at home against Loyola.
With a victory, Siena will improve to 7-3 in the MAAC with a home match against Iona up next Wednesday night.
- Libero Lesli Akeo passed the 2,000-dig mark in yesterday's win
- Only five players in MAAC history have amassed 2,000 digs
- Taylor Akana had 22 kills and no errors against Loyola
- Siena enjoyed its most efficient offensive performance (.429 hitting percentage) since a Nov. 11, 2007 win over Marist (.556) in yesterday's win
- The Saints have won four straight home matches
- Colleen Ahearn has reached double figures in kills in six straight matches. She has averaged 3.3 kills per set over that stretch and hit .355
- Rider saw its three-match win streak snapped yesterday at Marist (3-1)
- The Broncs have already won as many matches as they did in any of the previous six seasons. Rider's three MAAC wins are its most since 2006.
- Rider entered the weekend tied for second in the MAAC with Siena in opponents hitting percentage (.175). The Broncs are third in the league in digs per set.
- Brittany Gajewski is second in the MAAC with 5.39 digs per set
- Four Rider players are averaging more than two kills per set
- Rider is 6-1 at home and 1-8 on the road