Oct. 13, 2012
The Siena volleyball team hits the midway point of its conference season today with a home match against Loyola. If you can't make it to the match, you can watch it from your computer, tablet or smart phone. Today's All Access "full production" features audio commentary, multiple cameras and graphics.
Senior Lesli Akeo could become the first player in program history to pass the 2,000 career dig mark today. The Senior CLASS Award candidate enters today's match with 1,983 career digs - far and away the most in program history.
- Libero Lesli Akeo enters today's match just 17 digs shy of 2,000 for her career
- Only three players in MAAC history have amassed 2,000 digs entering today's match
- Akeo's 1,983 career digs are 555 more than Kathi Kobayashi's second palce total (1,428)
- Akeo is the only student from the MAAC, and remarkably the only student in the Northeast to make the final 30 for the Senior CLASS award
- The Saints are coming off an important five-set win at Iona last Sunday
- Colleen Ahearn has posted double digit kills in each of the last five matches. She is averaging 3.26 kills per set and hitting a team-best .358 over this stretch
- Four Siena players are averaging at least 2.5 kills per set.
- Loyola is 3-5 in the MAAC, including an impressive five-set win over Iona (9/29)
- The Greyhounds are 0-6 on the road this season
- Junior outside Faye Lucas leads the MAAC with 3.94 kills per set
Junior middle Jac Bullock is eighth in the MAAC with 3.0 kills per set, and fourth in the league with a .322 hitting percentage
- Loyola is tied for first in the MAAC (Fairfield) in hitting percentage (.204), but eighth in the league in blocks and digs
- This is the second match of a five-match road trip for Loyola. They play at Marist tomorrow, at Saint Peter's Monday and at Rider a week from today. They were swept at Manhattan on Wednesday night.