Sept. 29, 2012
Siena looks to knock off Marist at home for the second straight year on September 29 when the I-87 rivals meet at 2 PM in the ARC. If you can't make it to the match, you can watch it from your computer, tablet or smart phone. Today's All Access "full production" features audio commentary, multiple cameras and graphics.
The Saints enter the match 3-2 in league play, and fresh off their sharpest win of the year - a 3-1 pasting of UAlbany in the ARC Thursday night.
Use the links at the top of the page to access the web stream, follow the Gametracker or access free mobile live stats.
- Siena knocked off crosstown rival UAlbany 3-1 here Thursday night. It was the Saints first win over the Great Danes in 12 years
- Taylor Akana led all players with 20 kills against the Danes. She had just 19 combined kills in Siena's MAAC matches against Saint Peter's and Manhattan last weekend.
- Senior libero Lesli Akeo has been named a candidate for the prestigious Senior CLASS Award. The Saints' libero is the only student from the MAAC, and remarkably the only student in the Northeast to make the final 30.
- The Saints have four players averaging over 2.3 kills per set
- Sarah Sivertson was named MAAC Player of the Week Monday after averaging 11.9 assists and keying two league wins
- Rachel Stoklosa has posted double-doubles in four of the last six matches. She had just five double doubles in the first 36 matches of her career.
- Marist lost starter Grace Hill just seven matches into the season, and the Red Foxes have struggled to recover losing eight of their last nine matches, including four of five league contests.
- Brooke Zywick had a career-high 38 digs and Becca Jones had 18 kills, nearly quadrupling her previous personal best in a five set win over Saint Peter's Sunday.
- Tom Hanna is in his seventh year as head coach. He guided the Red Foxes to the MAAC title game in 2009.
- Assistant coach Brianne Bobo played at Siena from 2007-2010 helping the Saints to two MAAC Championships.
- Senior Hanna Stoiberg is averaging 2.5 kills and 1.7 digs per set.
- Sophomore Gena Russo is from nearby Rensselaer. She has appeared in all 15 matches this season.