Sept. 27, 2012
Mobile Live Stats
Garvey Pierre has done accomplished pretty much everything at Siena, but there is one hurdle he hasn't been able to clear. Pierre's teams are 0-9 all-time against crosstown foe UAlbany, part of a 10-match losing streak that dates back to September of 2000.
The Last Meeting
November 2, 2011
UAlbany Overpowers Siena Spikers
The Siena volleyball team has been doing a lot of things right the last few weeks. Wednesday night's performance at crosstown rival UAlbany was not one of them. The Danes humbled the Saints 3-0 (25-10, 25-15 and 25-16) in a match televised throughout the Capital Region on Time Warner Cable Sports.
Tonight, Pierre and the Saints look to snap that streak when they host the Great Danes in a match that will be televised across New York State on Time Warner Cable Sports.
You can watch the action from anywhere on the world, and from the palm of your hand by following the links above.
For $7.95, fans can watch the Time Warner production of today's match. All home match streams are accessible on iOS devices (such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch), in addition to any devices that support Adobe Flash 10.1 or greater (primarily Android devices).
- Siena split two MAAC matches this past weekend in New York, downing Saint Peter's in three sets and losing to Manhattan in five
- Senior libero Lesli Akeo has been named a candidate for the prestigious Senior CLASS Award. The Saints' libero is the only student from the MAAC, and remarkably the only student in the Northeast to make the final 30. Akeo enters tonight's match with 1,867 career digs far and away the most in program history. She will likely become the third player in MAAC history to eclipse 2,000 digs.
- The Saints have four players averaging over 2.3 kills per set
- Sarah Sivertson was named MAAC Player of the Week Monday after averaging 11.9 assists and keying two league wins
- Taylor Akana was the fastest player in MAAC history to 1,000 kills, reaching the mark in her 65th match earlier this season.
- UAlbany has won 10 straight in the rivalry dating back to a 3-0 Saints win on September 22, 2000
- UAlbany defeated Siena 3-0 and 3-1 last season
- During UAlbany's 10-match win streak, the Danes have won five matches in three sets, four matches in four sets and one match in five sets (2007)
- The Danes have played a draconian schedule that includes: Hawaii, Stanford, Miami (a win), Minnesota, Georgia, Michigan State, VCU and Ivy League favorite Yale
- Senior Dunja Prgomet and sophomore Sara Popa lead the Danes with 2.45 kills per set
- The Danes won their league opener 3-1 against Hartford Sunday
- Albany has just one more non-conference match (Colgate at home 10/17)