Sept. 19, 2012
Mobile Live Stats
Siena and Fairfield have played some classic volleyball matches over the years. The Saints knocked off the Stags in the MAAC Championship match four straight years from 2005-2008, but Fairfield has won five straight in the rivalry, and enters today's match as the preseason favorite to win the MAAC.
The Last Meeting
November 19, 2011
Jersey City, N.J.
No Joy in Jersey City
Siena volleyball came into the 2011 MAAC Tournament on fire, but will leave wondering what might have been following Saturday's 3-2 loss to arch-rival Fairfield at the Yanitelli Center in Jersey City, N.J. The Saints won the first set, and put forth a dramatic comeback to capture the third in thrilling fashion, but could not close out the Stags and extend the 2011 season.
The match is part of Siena's All Access package, and today's broadcast will feature live commentary, multiple cameras and graphics.
If you can't make it to the ARC, we have you covered. Use the links at the top of the page to watch the game live, or follow along with the Gametracker live stats. For $7.95, fans can watch a full production of today's match, including multiple cameras, graphics and audio commentary. All home volleyball matches will be streamed this season, and fans can purchase a season pass for $49.95 - a savings of over 30% from the per game fee. All streams are accessible on iOS devices (such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch), in addition to any devices that support Adobe Flash 10.1 or greater (primarily Android devices).
- Siena split two MAAC matches at home this past weekend. The Saints defeated 3-time defending MAAC champ Niagara in four sets Saturday, and lost to Canisius in four sets Sunday
- The Saints have lost five straight matches to Fairfield, dating back to a four-set win here in Loudonville on Halloween in 2009
- Siena defeated Fairfield in the MAAC Championship match four straight years from 2005-2008
- Since 2005, Siena has gone 87-32 in MAAC matches
- Lesli Akeo was named MAAC libero of the Week Monday. Akeo had a career-high 37 digs in Sunday's loss. She leads the MAAC and ranks 10th nationally with 5.73 digs per set
- The Saints have four players averaging over 2.2 kills per set, and all four had double digit kills in Saturday's win
- Sophomore Rachel Stoklosa is averaging 2.52 kills per set, nearly a full kill higher than last season (1.6)
- The Saints travel to Saint Peter's and Manhattan this weekend
- Fairfield improved to 2-0 in the MAAC on September 16 with a 3-1 victory over Manhattan College at Alumni Hall
- After starting the 2012 campaign with a 0-5 record, the Stags have won their last seven matches. Fairfield had a pair of eight-match winning streaks last season
- The Saints have not defeated the Stags since October 31, 2009 as Fairfield has improved to 28-15 all-time against them
- Senior Kara Reis has jumped to fourth all-time in career digs with 1,574 and now is 21 away from surpassing Jazmin Pa'akaula for third all-time. Lindsey Lee holds the record of 1,674 set in 2007. Reis currently is the Stags career leader in digs per set, averaging 4.20 for her career.
- Fairfield's last seven opponents have recorded an attack percentage of .200 or lower. Saint Peter's University was the lowest, hitting just .028 on September 15. Quinnipiac University had the lowest kill total with just 15 on September 5.