Volleyball vs. Canisius at 2PM - WATCH
Sept. 16, 2012
Mobile Live Stats
The Siena volleyball team tries to build off its win over three-time defending MAAC Champion Niagara Saturday when it hosts Canisius at 2 p.m. Sunday in the ARC. The match is part of Siena's All Access package, and today's broadcast will feature live commentary, multiple cameras and graphics.
The Last Meeting
November 6, 2011
Saints' Streak Snapped at Canisius
The Siena volleyball team faced a classic trap match Sunday, playing an experienced Canisius squad on Senior Day a day after its biggest league win in years. The result was a 3-0 (26-24, 25-22 and 25-18) setback that ended the Saints' seven-match MAAC win streak, and placed critical importance on the final two matches of the regular-season at home next weekend.
If you can't make it to the ARC, we have you covered. Use the links at the top of the page to watch the game live, or follow along with the Gametracker live stats.
For $7.95, fans can watch a full production of today's match, including multiple cameras, graphics and audio commentary. All home volleyball matches will be streamed this season, and fans can purchase a season pass for $49.95 - a savings of over 30% from the per game fee. All streams are accessible on iOS devices (such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch), in addition to any devices that support Adobe Flash 10.1 or greater (primarily Android devices).
- Siena defeated 3-time defending MAAC champ Niagara in four sets yesterday
- Sarah Sivertson controlled the match, posting 51 assists, 12 digs, three blocks and three aces
- Since 2005, Siena has gone 87-31 in MAAC matches
- Libero Lesli Akeo has posted match-high digs in 10 straight matches. She leads the MAAC with 5.44 digs per set
- The Saints have four players averaging over 2.3 kills per set, and all four had double digit kills Saturday
- Sophomore Rachel Stoklosa is averaging 2.54 kills per set, nearly a full kill higher than last season (1.6)
- Senior middle Colleen Ahearn had a match-high 16 kills Saturday. She killed 10 of her first 11 attacks
- Taylor Akana had her fifth double-double of the season Saturday with 13 kills and 15 digs
- Canisius controlled Marist in four sets yesterday in Poughkeepsie
- Junior Jessica Warner led all players with 19 kills
- Canisius had 10 service aces Saturday, led by libero Allyson Severyn's three
- Junior Emily Elekis the reigning MAAC Player of the Week. Elek posted 35 kills (3.18 kills per set) and one attack error on 78 attack attempts to record a .436 attack percentage at the Art Carmichael Invitational
- Severyn is the reigningMAAC Libero of the Week. Severyn averaged 6.45 digs per set in three matches at the Art Carmichael Invitational en route to being named to the All-Tournament Team.
- Cathy Hummel enters her 12th season at the helm of the Canisius College volleyball team and is the program's winningest coach with 143 career victories. During the past six seasons, Canisius has a 92-88 overall record, which is the best six-year stretch in program history.