Battle of MAAC Champs Saturday in Loudonville - WATCH LIVE
Sept. 15, 2012
It's a matchup of the last seven MAAC Champions when Siena takes on Niagara Saturday in the ARC in the conference opener for both schools. The Purple Eagles have won three straight MAAC titles, and Siena is the only team in the league to defeat them the last two seasons.
If you can't make it to the ARC, we have you covered. Use the links at the top of the page to watch the game live, or follow along with the Gametracker live stats. For $7.95, fans can watch a full production of today's match, including multiple cameras, graphics and audio commentary. All home volleyball matches will be streamed this season, and fans can purchase a season pass for $49.95 - a savings of over 30% from the per game fee. All streams are accessible on iOS devices (such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch), in addition to any devices that support Adobe Flash 10.1 or greater (primarily Android devices).
-Niagara has won the last three MAAC Championships
- Niagara is 39-2 against conference opponents since winning its first ever MAAC title in 2009
- Niagara has gone 17-1 in conference play each of the last two seasons, with its only two losses coming against Siena
- Niagara claimed its first victory here in the ARC since 2003 last season
- In the second meeting last year, Siena snapped four Niagara win streaks, including a 33-match win streak against MAAC opponents
- Kari Honomichl was named to the all-tournbament team for the third straight tournament last weekend
- Honomichl leads Niagara with 124 kills and 3.65 kills per set, placing second in the MAAC
- Redshirt senior Michelle James, who set the program's all-time assist record in 2010, reached the 4,000 assists mark over the weekend
- Niagara travels to Poughkeepsie to play Marist tomorrow