Sept. 28, 2003
The Saints won all three doubles matches and the four singles matches that were contested in a 5-0 MAAC win at Rider Saturday afternoon. Rali Hristova's three-set win at top singles keyed the win and senior Andrea Disponzio followed with a convincing 6-0, 6-0 win at second singles.
Hristova sparked the triumph with an inspired third set following a tough loss in the second.
Disponzio and Hristova also won at first and second doubles respectively. Freshman Julia Lebedev earned a 6-0, 6-0 victory at fourth singles and Meghan Slenkamp picked up a come-from-behind three-set win at sixth singles to clinch the match. Slenkamp, who was down in the first set 5-2, fought back to close the gap t 5-4 before falling 6-4. She rallied to take the next two games 6-2 and 6-3.
1. Ralista Hristova (SC) def. Amanda Doetsch (6-1, 7-6/7-4 and 6-1)
2. Andrea Disponzio (SC) def. Meredith Dossin (6-0 and 6-0)
4. Julia Lebedev (SC) def. Logan Kapinus (6-0 and 6-0)
6. Meghan Slenkamp (SC) def. Stephanie Petrasko (4-6, 6-2 and 6-3)
1. 2 & Denisa Hluchova (SC) def. 1 &2 (8-4)
2. 1 & Sugam Langer (SC) def. Dana Peviti and 4 (8-0)
3. Betsey Brookins & 4 (SC) def. Chouinard and Gross (8-1)