April 7, 2013
Siena won two of three doubles matches to claim the doubles point and split the six singles competitions to post a 4-3 win over visiting Saint Peter's Sunday afternoon at Central Park in Schenectady.
"Our strong doubles play set the tone of the match," Siena coach Andy Christodoulou said. "The wind made it very tough for everyone out there. The ladies responded, and adjusted play accordingly. Allysa (Singh) was on her way to another win in her match (won first set and was up 2-1 the second) when her elbow started bothering her again. We are going to have to work through our injuries and finish conference play strong."
Siena dropped each of the first three singles matches, but Jessica Macaluso, Cassandra Braz and Erika Reagan held the bottom three spots in straight sets. Saint Peter's won top doubles, but Siena held second and third doubles to secure the decisive point at the start of the match.
1. SPU Alexandria Livingston def. Brittany Filip (6-2 and 6-0)
2. SPU Adina Unqurean-Halagian def. Carly Holloway (6-1 and 6-0)
3. SPU Joniesa Williams def. Allysa Singh (6-7 (11-6), 1-2, ret.)
4. SC Jessica Macaluso def. Ivana Grbelja (6-3 and 6-1)
5. SC Cassandra Braz def.Vanessa Vogel (6-1 and 6-2)
6. SC Erika Reagan def.Jessica Nowodgrodzki (6-1 and 6-0)
1. SPU 1 & 3 def. 4 & 5 (8-5)
2. SC 2 & 3 def. 2 & 4 (8-0)
3. SC 1 & 6 def. 5 & 6 (8-1)