Feb. 21, 2014
Ali Garrity, Carly Holloway, Mitsuki Fukamachi and Erika Reagan all won their singles matches as Siena Women's Tennis defeated Colgate 4-2 at Tri-City in Latham. With the win, the Saints improved to 4-6 on the season.
"Colgate played with alot of energy in the doubles matches to take the point from us," said head coach Andy Christodoulou. "I was worried we may have had a let down, but we regrouped before the singles started and the team responded with an exceptional performance."
Colgate won all three doubles matches, 8-0, 8-6 and 8-6 to capture the first point of the match. But the Saints came up huge in singles, winning four of the six matches with a no decision mixed in.
The reigning MAAC Player of the Week, Garrity dominated her first singles match, winning 6-2, 6-1. Fellow freshman Fukumachi only lost one point at No. 3 singles and Holloway and Reagan captured the other two singles points.
The Saints are back in action tomorrow with a MAAC match against Manhattan at 1 p.m. at Tri-City.
1. Ali Garrity (Siena) defeats J. Ho (Colgate) 6-2, 6-1
2. Carly Holloway (Siena) defeats K. Shea (Colgate) 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
3. Mitsuki Fukamachi (Siena) defeats K. Grant (Colgate) 6-0, 6-1
4. Jessica Macaluso (Siena) no decision vs. K. Brittin (Colgate) 6-3, 2-6, 2-5
5. K. Woodbury (Colgate) defeats Cassandra Braz (Siena) 6-3, 4-6, 6-1
6. Erika Reagan (Siena) defeats H. Fleckstein (Colgate) 6-2, 1-6, 6-2
1. A. Petrini and K. Shea (Colgate) defeat Holloway and Singh (Siena) 8-0
2. K. Brittin and J. Ho (Colgate) defeat Garrity and Fukamachi (Siena) 8-6
3. K. Woodbury and K. Grant (Colgate) defeat Macaluso and Braz (Siena) 8-6