Mitsuki Fukamachi only dropped one point in winning in straight sets
Feb. 21, 2014
Ali Garrity, Carly Holloway, Mitsuki Fukamachi and Erika Reagan all won their singles matches as Siena Women's Tennis defeated Colgate 4-2 at Tri-City in Latham. With the win, the Saints improved to 4-6 on the season.
"Colgate played with alot of energy in the doubles matches to take the point from us," said head coach Andy Christodoulou. "I was worried we may have had a let down, but we regrouped before the singles started and the team responded with an exceptional performance."
Colgate won all three doubles matches, 8-0, 8-6 and 8-6 to capture the first point of the match. But the Saints came up huge in singles, winning four of the six matches with a no decision mixed in.
The reigning MAAC Player of the Week, Garrity dominated her first singles match, winning 6-2, 6-1. Fellow freshman Fukumachi only lost one point at No. 3 singles and Holloway and Reagan captured the other two singles points.
The Saints are back in action tomorrow with a MAAC match against Manhattan at 1 p.m. at Tri-City.
1. Ali Garrity (Siena) defeats J. Ho (Colgate) 6-2, 6-1
2. Carly Holloway (Siena) defeats K. Shea (Colgate) 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
3. Mitsuki Fukamachi (Siena) defeats K. Grant (Colgate) 6-0, 6-1
4. Jessica Macaluso (Siena) no decision vs. K. Brittin (Colgate) 6-3, 2-6, 2-5
5. K. Woodbury (Colgate) defeats Cassandra Braz (Siena) 6-3, 4-6, 6-1
6. Erika Reagan (Siena) defeats H. Fleckstein (Colgate) 6-2, 1-6, 6-2
1. A. Petrini and K. Shea (Colgate) defeat Holloway and Singh (Siena) 8-0
2. K. Brittin and J. Ho (Colgate) defeat Garrity and Fukamachi (Siena) 8-6
3. K. Woodbury and K. Grant (Colgate) defeat Macaluso and Braz (Siena) 8-6