LOUDONVILLE, N.Y. - Siena Field Hockey opens their 2017 home campaign when they host Saint Francis (PA) at Siena Turf Field at 1 p.m.
Fans can follow today’s game by clicking on the live stats link at the top of the page. In-game updates will be provided on Twitter following @SienaFH and fans can join in the conversation by using the hashtags #SienaSaints #MAACFH and #NCAAFH
Here’s 10 Things to Know About the Saints Heading Into Their 2017 Home Opener:
1. Siena and Saint Francis (PA) face off for the 18th time in program history, with the Red Flash holding a 10-7 advantage
2. The Saints are coming off a tight 1-0 loss to Colgate on Wednesday. Crumlish made 18 saves in the game.
3. In the four games played this season, Siena has lost by one goal in two of the games and two goals or less in three of the four.
4. Katelyn McMahon has tallied one defensive save so far this season. Siena’s one defensive save is one of just 22 schools that have recorded a defensive save this season
5. Molly Hagen, Brianna Muniz and Stephanie Hand each have recorded one goal for the Saints 6. Jaycie St. John was named a Preseason All-MAAC selection
7. Siena is ranked first in the NCAA with 13.50 saves per game, while Crumlish is ranked first in NCAA Division I with 12.75 saves per game
8. Crumlish’s .785 save percentage is ranked 25th in NCAA Division I
9. Saint Francis (PA) enters the game with a 2-2 record having defeated Central Michigan in their season opener and then Towson 2-1 last Sunday.
10. Breanna Govia is ranked 10th in NCAA Division I as she is averaging 1.00 goals per game so far this season