LOUDONVILLE, N.Y. - Siena Women's Basketball will travel to Hamden, Connecticut to face 2015-16 reigning MAAC Regular Season Champions Quinnipiac in the tail end of the MAAC Opening Weekend. The Saints battle the Bobcats at 2 p.m. at the TD Bank Sports Center.
The game will be televised throughout Quinnipiac athletics for free on their Quinnipiac All-Access. Steve Amedio and Chris Watson have the call beginning with pregame coverage at 1:30 p.m. locally on WVCR 88.3 FM "The Saint", through SienaAllAccess.com and on iHeartRadio. Click on the corresponding links at the top of the page to follow the action online. Follow @SienaSaints on twitter for courtside updates and join in the conversation using #SienaSaints and #MAACHoops.
Here's 10 Things to Know About Today's Game
1. Siena enters the contest with a 2-3 overall and 1-0 MAAC record after defeating Fairfield in the MAAC opener
2. Meghan Donohue scored a season-high 18 points, while freshman Anna Lundquist chipped in 16 against the Stags
3. The Saints are looking to start MAAC play off 2-0 for the 12th time in program history
4. Senior Meghan Donohue is just 88 points away from reaching the 1,000 point plateau for her career in the Green and Gold
5. Siena was picked third in the MAAC Preseason Poll, the highest since 2007. Quinnipiac was picked first and received seven first place votes.
6. In the last meeting between the two conference foes, Siena fell by just 10 points, tying their lowest margin of defeat against the Bobcats.
7. Five Bobcats scored in double-digits against the Peacocks in Quinnipiac's 84-51 road victory over Saint Peter's
8. Quinnipiac enters the contest with a 5-1 overall record and 1-0 MAAC record as they defeated Saint Peter's on Thursday evening.
9. The Bobcats are ranked No. 5 by Collegeinsider Mid-Major Poll, the second highest mark Quinnipiac has received following their No. 4 ranking last week
10. Quinnipiac is undefeated against Siena, boasting a 7-0 record. Three games have been played at Siena, three at Quinnipiac and one contest has been played in the MAAC Tournament