BUFFALO, NY - Siena Women’s Basketball travels to face Canisius in the second leg of their Western New York Trip on Saturday, Feb. 18 at 2 p.m. The Saints hold a 48-24 advantage over the Golden Griffs and have won five-straight in the series.
Chris Watson and Steve Amedio have the call beginning with pregame coverage at 1:30 p.m. locally on WVCR 88.3 FM “The Saint”, on. iHeartRadio and through SienaAllAccess.com. Click on the corresponding links at the top of the page to follow the action online. Follow @SienaSaints on twitter for courtside updates and join in the conversation using #SienaSaints and #MAACHoops.
Here’s 10 Things to Know About Today’s Game
1. The Saints hold a 48-24 advantage over the Golden Griffs and have won five-straight in the series.
2. Since joining the MAAC in 1989-90, Siena has aced both legs of the Western New York trip 10 times, including two straight three times. The Saints have not won three straight at Niagara and Canisius since 1988-89 (the year prior to joining the MAAC), 1989-90 and 1990-91.
3. The 48 wins over the Golden Griffs is the most wins over any program in Siena history
4. Jackie Benitez is just four three-pointers away from tying the single season three-point field goals made record for Siena
5. Sophomore guard Jackie Benitez is ranked first in the MAAC in steals (3.2) and scoring (16.8), second in three-point field goals made (2.7), and third in free-throw percentage (.821)
6. Senior forward Meghan Donohue leads the league with a 57.1-percent field goal percentage
7. Siena has scored 80 or more points in three games this season, the last time they did that was during the 2013-14 season
8. Siena enters the game with a 11-15, 10-7 record. The Saints took down Niagara at the buzzer for a 70-68 win to enter the contest.
9. Canisius enters the contest with a 9-17, 8-9 league record. The Golden Griffs took down Saint Peter’s 61-56 to enter with a one-game winning streak.
10. Canisius is led by Sara Hinriksdottir who is averaging 15.1 points per game and 5.7 rebounds per game.