Sept. 24, 2002
Sophomore Brian Onofry did not lose a game in a straight set singles victory that was a sign of things to come for the men's tennis team in Staten Island Monday afternoon. The Saints won all six singles matches and two of the three doubles contests in earning the 7-0 victory.
Wagner's only victory came in the first match of the day-a 9-8 triumph at first doubles over the pairing of Onofry and A.J. Eames. Otherwise, the Saints were dominant-winning all six singles games in straight sets.
Other winners for the Green and Gold included: John Michalisin, Ed Roessler, Eames, Dustin Temple and Eric Reuter.
1. (S) Brian Onofry def. Josh Pruitt (6-0 and 6-0)
2. (S) John Michalisin def. Steven Johnsen (6-4 and 6-2)
3. (S) Ed Roessler def. Dan Burns (6-4 and 6-3)
4. (S) A.J. Eames def. Jeff Quitmayer (6-1 and 6-1)
5. (S) Dustin Temple def. Branton Sogluizzo (6-0 and 7-6 (7-3))
6. (S) Eric Reuter def. Alan Hoch (6-2 and 6-0)
Doubles: (W) 1 & 2 def. 1 & 4; (S) 2 & 3 def. 3 & 4; (S) Sean Kiernan and J.P. Ciejka def. 5 & 6