Sept. 23, 2003
Quinnipiac won five of six singles matches and earned a 2-1 victory to carry the doubles point as well in a 6-1 non-conference tennis match victory over Siena on Monday afternoon. John Michalisin's 6-3, 6-4 win over Eric Raymond at second singles accounted for the only Siena point.
The top four singles matches were all relatively competitive, as Nick Julia was defeated at top singles 6-4 and 6-0 by Justin Worthy, Ed Roesller suffered a 7-5 and 6-1 setback at #3 singles to Stephano Salvatore and Andrew Chang defeated Mike Aliotta 6-4 and 6-3.
Michalisin was actually undefeated on the afternoon, teaming with Roesller at top doubles to defeat the Quinnipiac tandem of Raymond and Salvatore 8-4.
1. Justin Worthy (QU) def. Nick Julia 6-4 and 6-0
2. John Michalisin (SC) def. Eric Raymond 6-3 and 6-4
3. Stephano Salvatore (QU) def. Ed Roessler 7-5 and 6-1
4. Andrew Chang (QU) def. Mike Aliotta 6-4 and 6-3
5. Jonathan Russo (QU) def. Dustin Temple 6-2 and 6-2
6. Alex Altman (QU) def. Corey Snitchler 6-2 and 6-0
1. Michalisin and Roessler (SC) def. Raymond and Salvatore 8-4
2. Chan and Russo (QU) def. Julia and Temple 8-6
3. Fabian Villacis and Scott Salway (QU) def. Snitchler and Shawn Kiernan 8-1