Sept. 20, 2004
The Siena men's tennis team coasted to a 6-1 win over Wagner on Sunday in Staten Island. The win was the first of the season for the Saints who improved to 2-1. Wagner fell to 0-2.
Mike Aliotta and Jose Loren paired to take second doubles for the Saints, and later each posted individual victories. Brian Onofry and John Michalisin each picked up wins at the top two singles spots respectively as well. Michalisin improved to 3-0 in singles play with his victory. Siena scored the doubles point with a key victory at third doubles by Corey Snitchler and Shawn Kiernan. Snitchler won his match at fifth singles to account for the other Siena point.
Wagner's Brendan Sogliuzzo scored the Seahawks only point at sixth singles.
1. SC Brian Onofry def. Greg Avolo (4-6, 6-4 and 6-4)
2. SC John Michalisin def. Steve Johnson (6-2, ret.)
3. SC Mike Aliotta def. Jeff Quitmeyer (6-2, 7-5 and 6-1)
4. SC Jose Loren def. Adam Amster (6-2 and 6-0)
5. SC Corey Snitchler def. Rob Rogler (6-4 and 7-5)
6. W Brandon Sogliuzzo def. Shawn Kiernan (4-6, 7-5 and 10-5)
1. W 1 & 2 def. 1 & 2 (8-4)
2. SC 3 & 4 def. 4 & 5 (8-0)
3. SC 5& 6 def. 3 & 6 (8-6)