Sept. 19, 2002
Justin Worthy held on for a thrilling 7-6 and 7-5 win at second singles over John Michalisin to conclude a 6-1 match victory for Quinnipiac in a men's tennis match in Loudonville Thursday afternoon. Brian Onofry successfully defended the top singles spot for the Saints (0-2).
The doubles action was fierce as the Siena tandem of Michalisin and Dustin Temple took the second doubles match, but Quinnipiac fought off break points in each of the other two matches to earn the elusive point.
Brian Tenenhaus, Jonathan Russo, Fabian Villacis and Eric Krengel each picked up singles victories for the Braves.
The Saints were forced to adjust their lineup at the last second after their usual third singles player came down with food poisoning. Siena lost for the second time in three days. The Saints return to action at Wagner next Wednesday.
1. (S) Brian Onofry def. Eric Raymundo 6-1 and 6-2
2. (Q) Justin Worthy def. John Michalisin 7-6 and 7-5
3. (Q) Brian Tenenhaus def. A.J. Eames 6-0 and 6-3
4. (Q) Jonathan Russo def. Dustin Temple 6-2 and 6-0
5. (Q) Fabian Villacis def. Eric Reuter 6-0 and 6-3
6. (Q) Eric Krengel def. Shawn Kiernan 6-1 and 6-0
Doubles: (Q) 1 & 2 def. 1 & 3 (9-8) ; (S) 2 & 4 def. 3 & 4 (Q) 5 & 6 def. 5 & 6