Sept. 17, 2003
Binghamton men's tennis (2-0) didn't drop a set en route to a 7-0 victory over visiting Siena Wednesday afternoon on the West Gym courts. The Bearcats captured all three doubles matches before steamrolling through the six singles matches in barely an hour.
Freshman number one player Dan Hanegby was strong, teaming with senior captain Steve Spencer for an 8-5 win at first doubles over Siena's John Michalisin and Ed Roesller before posting a 6-1, 6-1 win at first singles over Nick Julia. The former Israel junior champion improved to 5-0 in both singles and doubles this fall.
Siena returns to action on Monday as they travel to Quinnipiac for a 3 p.m. match.
1. Hanegby/Spencer (BU) def. Michalisin/Roessler (S), 8-5
2. Mourad/Gerard (BU) def. Julia/Temple (S), 8-2
3. O'Connor/Vallabhaneni (BU) def. Cjieka/Snitchler (S), 8-1
1. Dan Hanegby (BU) def. Nick Julia (S), 6-1, 6-1
2. Richemn Mourad (BU) def. John Michalisin (S), 6-1, 7-5
3. Edwin Gerard (BU) def. Ed Roessler (S), 7-6, 6-4
4. Steve Spencer (BU) def. Mike Aliotta (S), 6-2, 6-2
5. Brian O'Connor (BU) def. Dustin Temple (S), 6-1, 6-0
6. Juan Garcia (BU) def. Shawn Kiernan (S), 6-1, 6-1