Sept. 16, 2004
Mike Racioppo and Andrew Chan defeated Brian Onofry and John Michalisin at first and second singles respectively to leading Quinnipiac to a 7-0 non-conference men's tennis victory over Siena in Loudonville on Thursday. Quinnipiac took all six singles matches in straight sets and won the three doubles competitions.
Racioppo's battled back to defeat Onofry in a tie breaker in the first set and then cruised to a 6-3 triumph in the second. Michalisin was defeated 6-3 and 6-3. The pairs teamed up against each other at top doubles with Quinnipiac earning an 8-6 win.
The Saints host Lafayette at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
1. QU Mike Racioppo def. Brian Onofry (7-6 (5) and 6-3)
2. QU Andrew Chan def. John Michalisin (6-3 and 6-4)
3. QU Stefano Salvatore def. Mike Aliotta (7-6 (5), 6-4)
4. QU Jon Russo def. Jose Loren (6-0 and 6-1)
5. QU Alex Altman def. Pat Hutnick (6-1 and 6-1)
6. QU Scott Salaway def. Shawn Kiernan (6-1and 6-1)
1. QU Racioppo and Salvatore def. Onofry and Michalisin (8-6)
2. QU Chan and Russo def. Aliotta and Loren (8-1)
3. QU Salaway and Fabian Villacis def. Hutnick and Corey Snitchler (8-2)