March 22, 2004
ORLANDO, Fla - Xavier swept the doubles competition, and took five of six singles matches in a 6-1 neutral court victory over Siena in Orlando Wednesday. On a positive note for the Saints, John Michalisin won his second straight match of the spring season defeating J.R. Randall in three sets.
The Saints showed resiliency in doubles competition, losing difficult 8-5 decisions in both first and second doubles competition. Xavier displayed their strength in singles matches as only Michalisin managed a set victory.
Michalisin looks to extend his win streak and get Siena back on track as the Saints return to MAAC action against Loyola on April 3 in Baltimore. Siena has high expectations going into MAAC play after splitting their conference matches in the fall.
1. Justin Yeager (Xav) def. Brian Onofry (6-3 and 6-2)
2. John Michalisin (SC) def. J.R. Randall (7-6 (8), 1-6, and 10-6)
5. Ryan Potts (Xav) def. Mike Aliotta (6-0 and 6-0)
6. Matt Tollman (Xav) def. Corey Snitchler (6-0 and 6-1)
1. 1&Brad Meadows (Xav) def. 2&3 (8-5)
2. 4&Rustin Reys (Xav) def. 1&Eric Reuter (8-5)
3. Kevin Trapp and Cameron Bell (Xav) def. 4&JP Ciejka (8-1)