March 22, 2004
Men's Tennis Loses Second of Three in Florida Trip
Bethune-Cookman Defeats the Saints 6-1
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Coming off a loss to Stetson on February 29, the Saints hoped to rebound against Bethune-Cookman on Tuesday in the warm climate of Daytona Beach, Florida. The Wildcats had other ideas however, handing Siena a 6-1 setback in their second match of the spring season.
Siena's lone point was scored by John Michalisin, who was leading the second set of his match when his opponent was forced to retire.
The Saints fought valiantly in the doubles matches, but loss all three by the score of 8-4.
Being their second match of the season, the Saints showed signs of improvement. Michalisin picked up his first victory of the spring season. The Saints fall to 0-2 in the spring, and look for their initial victory against Xavier on Wednesday.
1. M. Dimitrov (BCC) def. Brian Onofry (6-3 and 6-0)
2. John Michalisin (SC) def. M. Medricky (5-7 and 4-3 (Ret))
3. P. Magro (BCC) def. Nick Julia (6-2 and 6-2)
4. F. Marcato (BCC) def. Dustin Temple (6-0 and 6-0)
5. M. Hall (BCC) def. Mike Aliotta (6-4 and 6-1)
6. D. Lewis (BCC) def. Corey Snitchler (6-2 and 6-1)
1. 1&5 (BCC) def. 2&3 (8-4)
2. 2&3 (BCC) def. 1&5 (8-4)
3. 4&6 (BCC) def. 4&Eric Reuter (8-4)