Feb. 22, 2014
Colgate swept singles and doubles play to post a 7-0 win over Siena and improve to 4-0 for the first time since 1980. Luke Gensburg and Bobby Alter won in both doubles and singles for the Raiders.
Gensburg and Schmitz staged a thrilling match at top singles, with Genburg winning both sets in tie-breakers. Alan Pleat survived a tiebreaker in the first set to take down Collins at No. 2 singles and Nick Laub out-lasted Alex Burbine in three-sets, winning 10-8 in a super tie-breaker at No. 3 singles.
The Saints are off until heading south to Orlando for their annual Spring Break trip March 9.
Colgate 7, Siena 0
1. Gensburg/Alter (CLG) def. Schmitz/Collins (SC), 8-6
2. McFall/Pleat (CLG) def. Burbine/Sumanaru (SC), 8-4
3. Haile/Laub (CLG) def. Reisch/Funiciello (SC), 8-2
1. Luke Gensburg (CLG) def. Ryan Schmitz (SC), 7-5, 7-6(4)
2. Alan Pleat (CLG) def. Peter Collins (SC), 7-6(5), 6-1
3. Nick Laub (CLG) def. Alex Burbine (SC), 6-3, 6-7(5), 10-7
4. Bobby Alter (CLG) def. Eric Sumanaru (SC), 6-3, 6-4
5. Jake Hirschberg (CLG) def. Darren Reisch (SC), 6-1, 6-4
6. Tom Haile (CLG) def. Matthew Funiciello (SC), 6-2, 6-4
Exh: Mark Pronchick (CLG) def. Joseph Holm (SC), 6-1, 6-1