Feb. 22, 2014
Colgate swept singles and doubles play to post a 7-0 win over Siena and improve to 4-0 for the first time since 1980. Luke Gensburg and Bobby Alter won in both doubles and singles for the Raiders.
Gensburg and Alterwon won in the top spot in doubles with an 8-6 win over Siena's (3-6) Ryan Schmitz and Peter Collins.
Gensburg and Schmitz staged a thrilling match at top singles, with Genburg winning both sets in tie-breakers. Alan Pleat survived a tiebreaker in the first set to take down Collins at No. 2 singles and Nick Laub out-lasted Alex Burbine in three-sets, winning 10-8 in a super tie-breaker at No. 3 singles.
The Saints are off until heading south to Orlando for their annual Spring Break trip March 9.
Colgate 7, Siena 0
1. Gensburg/Alter (CLG) def. Schmitz/Collins (SC), 8-6
2. McFall/Pleat (CLG) def. Burbine/Sumanaru (SC), 8-4
3. Haile/Laub (CLG) def. Reisch/Funiciello (SC), 8-2
1. Luke Gensburg (CLG) def. Ryan Schmitz (SC), 7-5, 7-6(4)
2. Alan Pleat (CLG) def. Peter Collins (SC), 7-6(5), 6-1
3. Nick Laub (CLG) def. Alex Burbine (SC), 6-3, 6-7(5), 10-7
4. Bobby Alter (CLG) def. Eric Sumanaru (SC), 6-3, 6-4
5. Jake Hirschberg (CLG) def. Darren Reisch (SC), 6-1, 6-4
6. Tom Haile (CLG) def. Matthew Funiciello (SC), 6-2, 6-4
Exh: Mark Pronchick (CLG) def. Joseph Holm (SC), 6-1, 6-1