Siena opened their spring season at Boston University. The Terriers swept the Saints 7-0.
Boston University (2-0)started the match off with three wins in doubles to take a 1-0 lead heading into singles play. Matt Bellino and Cameron L. Kirkwood in the number one position fell 6-1 to DeVries and Sable. On court three Alessandro Saglia, Geovanny Mendoza got swept 6-0. Terriers Leelavanich and Avila defeated Jace Koretz and Peter Galante 6-4 on court three.
The Saints (2-2, 1-0) fell on all six courts in singles as the Terriers completed the sweep. Kirkwood fell 6-1, 6-2 on court two followed by Bombonatti defeating Saglia 6-2, 6-1 on court one. Bellino then fell 6-1, 6-4 in the number four position. Menodza had a hard fought battle 6-2, 6-2 on court three but fell to DeVries. On court five, Koretz fell 6-1, 6-1. In a tough back and forth match, Alexandros Giannakitisidis fell 6-4, 6-3 on court sx.
The Saints host St. Bonaventure on Friday, Jan. 27 at TriCity Fitness in Latham, New York. First serve is set for 6 p.m.
1) Bombonatti def. Saglia 6-2, 6-1
2) Sable def. Kirkwood 6-1, 6-2
3) DeVries def. Mendoza 6-2, 6-2
4) Leelavanich def. Bellino 6-1, 6-4
5) Sandoval def. Koretz 6-1, 6-1
6) Cepeda def.Giannakitsidis 6-4, 6-3
1) De Vries/Sable def. Bellino/Kirkwood 6-1
2) Leelavanich/Avila def. Saglia/Mendoza 6-4
3) Cepeda/Sandoval def.Koretz/Galante 6-0