LOUDONVILLE, N.Y. - Siena Soccer looks to knock off a nationally ranked opponent for the third time in the last four seasons when the Saints welcome 23rd ranked Boston University to Siena Turf Field for a 4 p.m. kickoff. Gameday Central coverage begins with the pregame show at 3:45 p.m. online in HD exclusively at SienaAllAccess.com.
Derek Coleman has the call of the action at SienaAllAccess.com. Watch HD webstreams of Siena Soccer by purchasing an individual match passport for just $7.95. Or, enjoy over a 30% savings off the per-match price by purchasing a Siena Soccer Season Package which includes five matches for the low price of just $29.95.
Click the links at the top of the page to purchase a season package or individual game passport and to follow along with the live stats. Follow @SienaSaints on twitter for in-match updates and join the conversation by using the hashtag #SienaSaints.
Here's 10 Things to Know About Today's Match
- The Saints won their season-opener 1-0 over La Salle Sunday at Siena Turf Field. Head coach Cesar Markovic has now won both of his season-openers as Siena head coach.
- Siena held La Salle without a shot on goal and just nine shots total. It marked the first time that Siena held its opponent without a shot on goal since a 2-0 win over UAlbany on Sept. 23, 2012.
- Freshman goalkeeper Josh Weiss was active quarterbacking the Saints' defense, but did not need to make a save in posting his first career clean sheet in his collegiate debut.
- Junior Tom Allen scored the only goal in Sunday's win for his third career-game winning goal
- Freshman Paulino Curto assisted on Allen's goal in the 40th minute for his first career point in his collegiate debut. Curto is the son of Charlie Curto who previously served as head coach of both the Siena Men's Soccer (1984-07) and women's soccer (1980-83) programs and is the winningest head coach in Siena Men's Soccer history.
- Siena enters this week ranked eighth in the NSCAA Northeast Regional Rankings. Today's opponent Boston University is ranked first.
- BU is ranked 23rd in this week's NSCAA Top-25 Poll. It marks the first time since 2009 that the Terriers are nationally ranked.
- The Saints are 2-7-2 vs. NSCAA nationally ranked opponents since 2000. Both wins came during the 2011 season when the Saints upset #15 Ohio State 1-0 at the Penn State Nike Classic (Aug. 29, 2011) and 16th ranked Iona 1-0 in overtime at Siena Turf Field (Oct. 16, 2011).
- BU is 2-0 to start the season with a pair of 1-0 home shutouts of Fordham and Iona. The Terriers were projected to finish sixth of 10 teams in the Patriot League Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- This is just the second-ever meeting between Siena and Boston University. The Terriers defeated the Saints 3-0 on Oct. 1, 1988 in the UMass Invitational.