Mount Squeak Pass Siena, 13-11, in Men's Lacrosse

April 2, 2005

Final Stats

Schenectady, NY--Junior attack man Greg Pelatti scored four goals for four points as the Mount from Saint Mary's University defeated the Saints 13-11 this afternoon at Frank Bailey Field on the campus of Union College.

Tilghman Herring scored the go-ahead goal with 3:26 remaining as the Mount improves to 4-3 overall and 3-0 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference while Siena drops to 1-6, 0-3. With the win, the Mount is now 11-0 all-time vs. the Saints.

The Mount came out flying, jumping to a 6-1 lead five minutes into the game. Matt Warner started the scoring 22 seconds into the game, converting a Peter Kerwin pass for a 1-0 lead. After Siena's Ted Moran scored, the Mount rattled off five straight goals to take a 6-1 lead with 9:48 left in the first quarter. Billy Jautze, Herring, Warner, Kyle Daddio and Sean O'Beirne each scored during the run. Pelatti poured in two Siena goals around Jautze's second goal of the day to cut the Mount lead to 7-3 after the first quarter.

Jason Werner scored twice and Warner once in the second quarter as the Mount held a 10-5 lead.

Pelatti, Greg Powell and Walsh each had two goals in the second half as the Saints rallied to tie the game. Walsh's second goal of the game tied the score, 11-11, with 8:36 left in the contest. Herring, however, scored an unassisted score with 3:26 left to give the Mount a 12-11 edge. Jautze sealed the win with his third goal of the game with 57 seconds left.

Pelatti had four goals to lead Siena while Powel, Walsh and Christopher Padden had two goals each. Powel also dished out two assists.

Dan Whitehurst made eight saves in the game for the Mount while David Jalette had 10 saves for the Saints.



Junior Matt Schuster scooped a team-high six for the Saints while Daddio won 14-of-22 face-offs and recorded a game-high 13 ground balls.

The Saints held a 38-32 advantage in shots in the game.

Siena returns to action on Tuesday, April 5, with a 7:30 p.m. game against Hartford played at Trinity College.