Dec. 28, 2012
Siena hosts surging La Salle Saturday night in a game that will be televised across New York State on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel and in Philadelphia on Comcast.
Watch The Game
Albany (TWCSC 50 or 1803)
New York City (197)
Hudson Valley (413 or 461)
Central New York (1026)
Western New York - Buffalo (87)
Western New York - Rochester (26)
- Siena will retire Fred Shear's jersey at halftime of Saturday's game. Shear joins Marc Brown '91, Billy Harrell '52 and Kenny Hasbrouck '09 as one of four players to have their jersey retired.
- Representatives from the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York will collect canned and non-perishable food donations at each entrance prior to the game. The men's basketball team will help stock the warehouse Wednesday, January 2 at 11:45 a.m.
- $5 seats in Saints Heaven for fans who mention Siena Slam Dunkin' Days at Siena Box Office! (Or stop by participating Dunkin Donuts for voucher)
- O.D. Anosike leads the nation in rebounding (12.4/game) and double-doubles (9). He is just 7 points away from becoming the 38th 1,000-point scorer in Siena history.
- Siena has played just one game (at Fordham Sunday) in the last 20 days
- Siena is coming off its best offensive performance of the season, a 75-point showing in a six-point loss at Fordham Sunday. The 81 points Fordham scored marked the most Siena has allowed in a game all season.
- Siena's eight-game losing streak is its longest since the 2004-05 season when it had losing streaks of seven and eight games and finished 6-24. The Saints lost 10 straight games in 2003-04.
- The Saints are second in the MAAC in FG% defense (40.9%) and 3-point FG% defense (28.5%).
- Rob Poole scored a career-high 21 points in the Fordham loss. Poole is shooting 38% (25-66) from 3-point range this season after making just 27% (32-117) of his tries as a rookie
- Siena's 2-10 start is its worst ever start through 12 games as a Division I program. The Saints last started 2-10 in 1970-71 (started 2-12). Their worst start ever was 2-18 in 1959-60.
- Siena has never started a season 0-5 at home
- Six of the Saints' 10 losses have been by six points or fewer
- Siena is the only MAAC team with four players averaging double figures
- The Saints have had at least as many turnovers as assists in every game this season
- Siena ranks 343 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (57.9%)
Fans can also watch the Time Warner telecast from anywhere in the world by purchasing the video stream at SienaAllAccess.com. Simply click on the GameDay Central box at the top of the page for links to the video stream, free radio broadcast, Gametracker live stats and latest information on both teams.