Dec. 22, 2012
Siena meets Fordham Sunday at noon in the Bronx in a game that will be televised on the YES Network. Both teams enter the matchup with 2-9 records, but the Saints have had two weeks to prepare while the Rams lost Friday night in Connecticut.
You can listen to the free Siena web broadcast, follow the Gametracker live stats, purchase the Fordham video stream or get live updates from our twitter page by clicking on the Gameday Central box at the top of the page.
Use the guide on the right side of the page to find out what channel the game will be airing on in your area.
Watch The GameTime Warner Albany (1867)
Verizon FiOS (576 or 595)
- O.D. Anosike leads the nation in double-doubles (9) and is second nationally in rebounding (13.0/game). He is just 23 points away from becoming the 38th 1,000-point scorer in Siena history.
- Siena has had 13 days off since losing at Manhattan Dec. 9
- This is the final road non-conference game Siena will play this season
- Siena's seven-game losing streak is its longest since the 2004-05 season when it had losing streaks of seven and eight games. The Saints lost 10 straight games in 2003-04.
- The Saints are second in the MAAC in FG% defense (39.4%), and tied for tops in the league in 3-point FG% defense (27.3%).
- Rakeem Brookins scored a career-high 19 points in the Manhattan loss. Brookins has missed six of the 11 games this season (suspension, injury).
- Three of the Saints last four losses have been by double figures, four of the first five were by six points or fewer
- Evan Hymes has averaged 5 ppg over the last three games after averaging 15.7 ppg the previous three
- Siena started 3-7 last season before breaking for finals, and went 11-10 the rest of the way playing predominantly six players.
- The Saints have turned the ball over on 24% of their possessions this season and averaged just 10.4 assists per game.
- 12 of Siena's next 15 games will be televised
- The Saints have matched their worst start in their Division I history (since 1976-77)
- Siena ranks 342 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (57.5%)
The Saints return home to face La Salle on Saturday at 7 p.m. Visit any Capital Region Dunkin Donuts for a $5 ticket in Saints Heaven, or CLICK HERE to purchase tickets on-line.