Dec. 9, 2012
Not much has gone according to plan this season for Manhattan or Siena. The two teams entered the season with high expectations, yet they've managed just four wins in 17 games combined. Sunday at 2 p.m. they meet at Draddy Gymnasium, each team desperate for a victory.
You can listen to the free web broadcast, follow the live stats, purchase the Manhattan video stream or get live updates from our twitter page by clicking on the Gameday Central box at the top of the page.
- Manhattan's leading scorer George Beamon missed Friday's game at Marist with an injury and is not expected to play.
- Siena's Rakeem Brookins returned to the Saints' rotation Friday against Rider, three weeks ahead of his anticipated return date. Brookins scored 10 of his 12 points in the second half and ran the point for the final 15 minutes of the game.
- Siena (57.1) and Manhattan (57.0) rank eighth and ninth in the MAAC in scoring.
- The Saints have matched their worst start through 10 games (2-8) since turning Division I in 1976-77. - Manhattan ranks 345 of 347 schools with 21.3 turnovers per game.
- Siena's six-game losing streak is its longest since the 2004-05 season when it had losing streaks of seven and eight games. The Saints lost 10 straight games in 2003-04.
- The 24 minutes Evan Hymes played Friday night tied for the fewest he has played in any game in his career. Hymes last played 24 minutes in the first game of his career - a season-opening win over Navy last year when he sat the final 13 minutes with leg cramps.
- Siena ranks 53rd nationally in field goal percentage defense (38.8%) and 29th nationally in 3-point field goal percentage defense (26.2%).
- Siena ranks 335th nationally in free throw shooting (58.3%). O.D. Anosike has made just 40% (26-65) of his free throws this season.
- Siena has knocked Manhattan out of the MAAC Tournament five of the last six years and three straight seasons.
The Saints will have two weeks off for final exams following Sunday's game before traveling back to the Bronx to face Fordham December 23.