Brett Bisping has averaged 8.2 points and seven rebounds the last seven games
Dec. 8, 2013
Watch ($) | Listen | Siena Game Notes | Live Stats | Courtside Twitter Updates
The Last Meeting
January 19, 2013
Griffs Get Revenge
What a difference eight days makes. Canisius shook off its buzzer-beating loss to Siena in Albany last Friday with a thorough 76-44 triumph over the Saints Saturday in Buffalo.
The Siena men's basketball team concludes its Western New York MAAC swing at Canisius Sunday at 2 PM. It's the seventh straight game the Saints have played away from home. Siena will break for 14 days for final exams following the game before returning home December 23 against Hofstra.
Use the links at the top of the page to follow all the action from Buffalo.
10 Things You Need to Know
1. Siena has swept the Western New York MAAC swing just five times in its 24 seasons in the league (1990-91, 1992-93, 1999-2000, 2006-07 and 2007-08).
2. The 84 points Siena scored Friday night were its most in a game since an 84-82 overtime win over Manhattan in the 2012 MAAC Tournament (3/3/12). The Saints didn't score 80 points in a single game last season. It's the most the team scored in a regulation game since defeating Canisius 86-75 on Senior Night in 2012 (2/26/12).
3. The Saints are 1-0 in the MAAC for the first time since 2010-11. They started 0-5 in the MAAC last year and 0-3 in 2011-12. Siena hasn't been 2-0 in the MAAC since the 2009-10 season when it won its last of three straight MAAC titles.
4. Marquis Wright had a career-high 10 assists Friday night. It was the first double-digit assist game for a Saint since Ronald Moore had 10 in the 2010 MAAC semifinal win over Rider (3/7/10).
5. The Saints have trailed for just 27 seconds in the last two games combined (the last 27 seconds of their loss to Purdue Sunday).
6. Siena has held a halftime lead in six of 10 games this season. Siena's out-scored its opposition 382-374 in the first half, but been out-scored 380-309 in the second half.
7. Rob Poole has made 8-11 three-pointers in the last two games. He's shot 47% (15-26) from three-point land and averaged 7.3 rebounds over the last six games. Poole had his third 20+ point game of the season Friday night. He had cracked 20 points just twice in his first two seasons.
8. The Saints were out-rebounded in three of their first four games, but they haven't been out-rebounded since. Coincidently, freshman Javion Ogunyemi, who was starting at center, has missed those six games with an ankle injury.
9) Lavon Long has reached double figures in eight of 10 games, and each of the last three. Long's fouled out of six games.
10) Evan Hymes has reached double figures in seven of the last eight games. Hymes made all three of his field goal attempts and scored 14 points in 18 minutes Friday night. He scored seven points on one possession - making four free throws and a three-pointer after a Niagara technical foul.