Nov. 28, 2013
Watch | Listen | Game Notes | Live Stats | Courtside Twitter Updates
The Last Meeting
December 31, 2010
Saint Joseph's Stifles Siena, 58-48
Siena's 52-game win streak when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points is over. Sophomore guard Carl Jones scored 17 points to lead Saint Joseph's to a 58-48 victory over the Saints here at Hagan Arena in Philadelphia on Friday afternoon.
Siena returns to action in the Old Spice Classic Friday night at 8 p.m. against Saint Joseph's in a nationally televised game on ESPNU. It's the second of three games Siena will play on ESPN Networks this weekend at the Wide World of Sports Complex at Disney World.
Siena is coming off an 87-60 loss to #21 Memphis Thursday night. Saint Joseph's lost to LSU 82-65. The Hawks will be the third Atlantic 10 opponent the Saints have played this season.
Use the links at the top of the page to follow all the action.
10 Things You Need to Know
1) The winner of today's game advances to play in the 5th place game Sunday at noon on ESPNU. The loser will play in the seventh place game Sunday at 5 p.m. on ESPN3.
2) Siena had 29 offensive rebounds and 37 bench points in the 23-point loss. The Saints also had 20 turnovers, just 10 free throw attempts and shot 34% from the field.
3) Brett Bisping had his first career double-double with 11 points and a career high 12 rebounds against Memphis. That performance came on the heels of a career-high 16-point effort at Purdue Sunday. Bisping has averaged 10.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and shot 62% from the field over the last four games.
4) Evan Hymes has reached double-figures in five straight games off the bench and averaged a team-best 12.8 points per game over that stretch.
5) The Saints shot 58% from three-point range (7-12) in their loss to La Salle. In their other six games, they've shot just 23% (23-98).
6) The Saints have had five different leading scorers in their first seven games this season.
7) Siena is out-scoring its opponents 266-263 in the first half, but being out-scored 274-212 in the second. The Saints are shooting just 19% (9-60) from three-point range in the second half.
8) Freshman Marquis Wright was named MAAC Rookie of the Week Monday. Wright has had more assists than turnovers in every game this season. He's averaging five assists and 2.7 turnovers per game. Wright hit the game-winning shot in Siena's victory over St. Bonaventure.
9) The Saints have been out-scored 154-102 at the line this season. They've committed 181 fouls, compared to 140 for the opposition.
10) Sophomore guard Rich Audu saw his first action of the season Friday night. Audu, who missed the first six games with an ankle injury, grabbed a rebound in two minutes played.