Marist Spoils Siena's Senior Day
Adam Kemp scored 24 points and grabbed 14 rebounds and O.D. Anosike was forced to watch his final game at Times Union Center from the bench - a 76-74 Marist win that disappointed 6,561 fans in downtown Albany.
It's Tournament Time! Siena will try to turn back the clock to 2002 when it became the only program to capture the MAAC Championships by winning four games in four days. The test starts Friday night at 7:30 p.m. against archrival Marist in the MassMutual Center in Springfield, Mass.
The game will not be televised or webstreamed, so you will need to come out to Springfield if you want to watch it. Use the Buy Tickets link above to purchase tickets, and the Gameday Central link to access live stats and listen to the Siena radio broadcast for free.
The winner of Friday night's game will advance to play top seed Niagara Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
- Siena has reached the MAAC Tournament semifinals 12 of the last 15 years, and 17 times in its 23 years as a league member.
- Siena has won the MAAC Championship five times (1999, 2002, 2008, 2009 and 2010). The five MAAC Championships are the most for any league member since Siena joined the league in 1989-90. Iona, a charter member in 1982-83, leads all league members with seven MAAC titles.
- O.D. Anosike was named Second Team All-MAAC Monday. Anosike was named First Team All-MAAC last season. Siena had its seven-year streak of having a First Team All-MAAC selection snapped. Anosike averaged 18 points and 15 rebounds in Siena's two games against Marist this season.
- Barring a National Championship, Siena will equal a program record with 24 losses this season. The Saints have lost 20 games for just the third time in program history (22 losses in 1995-96 and 24 losses in 2004-05). Siena has lost seven of its last eight games.
- The nine Saints averaging double-figure minutes have combined to miss 44 games this season.
- Siena is 5-2 when holding the opposition under 60 points and 2-21 when the opponent scores 60 or more. Siena is 0-16 when the opposition shoots 40% or better and 7-7 when holding the opponent under 40%.
- Siena has lost 19 of its last 21 MAAC road games. The Saints eight MAAC road losses this year all came by double digits.
- Rakeem Brookins (back) missed the last five games and 12 total games this season. He returned to practice in a limited role this week and is questionable for the Championships.
- Brett Bisping (skin rash) missed the last three games of the season, but he returned to practice this week and is expected to be available for the Championships.
- Ryan Oliver missed the last 13 games of the season and he will not return after having had a diagnostic scope done on his knee (2/8)
- Trenity Burdine has averaged 10.9 ppg and 3.9 rpg since returning to the rotation 11 games ago. Burdine has shot 55% from the field and 83% from the foul line over that stretch.
- Davis Martens has scored 53 points and grabbed 28 rebounds the last four games. Martens scored just 27 points in the first 26 games this season. He reached double figures in each of the last three games after failing to do so in the first 70 games of his career.
- Imoh Silas has shot 74% (29-39) from the field the last 13 games. - Five of Siena's seven victories have been by five points or fewer, and two have come in overtime (2-0). Eight of Siena's 23 losses have been by six points or fewer.
- Rob Poole is shooting 41% (27-66) from 3-point range in MAAC games. The rest of Siena's team is shooting just 29%.