Trenity Burdine has averaged 11.4 ppg and 4.0 rpg since returning to the rotation 10 games ago
March 2, 2013
Free Web Stream
Siena completes regular-season play at Iona Sunday at 2 p.m. in a game that will be webstreamed for free on CollegeInsider.com as part of the MAAC Weekend Showcase package.
The Last Meeting
January 4, 2013
Iona Gets By Siena Late
Iona used an 11-0 run midway through the second half to take a 49-48 lead, and the Gaels made just enough plays down the stretch to sneak past Siena 66-62 in Albany Friday night.
You can follow all the action by using the Gameday Central link at the top of the page.
- With a victory OR a Niagara win Saturday, Siena will lock up a spot in the 8/9 game of the MAAC Championships Friday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- Trenity Burdine has averaged 11.4 ppg and 4.0 rpg since returning to the rotation 10 games ago. Burdine has shot 56% from the field and 83% from the foul line over that stretch.
- Davis Martens has scored 40 points and grabbed 18 rebounds the last three games. Martens scored just 27 points in the first 26 games this season. He reached double figures in each of the last two games after failing to do so in the first 70 games of his career.
- Siena has lost 18 of its last 20 MAAC road games. The Saints seven MAAC road losses this year have all come by double digits.
- Siena is 7-7 when holding its opponent under 40% and 0-15 when the opposition shoots 40% or better
- Siena will equal a program-high 24 losses this season if it loses Sunday's game (barring a National Championship). The Saints have lost 20 games for just the third time in program history (22 losses in 1995-96 and 24 losses in 2004-05). Siena has lost six of its last seven games.
- The nine Saints averaging double-figure minutes have combined to miss 42 games this season
- O.D. Anosike left Friday's game with dehydration and was treated with intravenous fluids after the game. He is one of just seven active DI players with 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds.
- Since January 17 (Siena's last 12 games), Imoh Silas leads the nation in FG% (78%, 28-36)
- Rakeem Brookins (back), Brett Bisping (skin rash) and Ryan Oliver (knee) will not play Sunday
- The Saints scored 70 points Friday for just the third time this season (Marist twice and Fordham). Siena had more assists than turnovers (17-10) for just the second time this season (Marist 1/27).
- Since January 1 (last 16 games), Siena ranks 39th nationally and second in the MAAC in free throw shooting (74.5%). Prior to January 1, the Saints were 342 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (58.9%).
- Walk-on Chris Leppanen started the last two games at the point. He played 35 minutes in the Radford win, finishing with seven points and seven assists. Leppanen started for Evan Hymes Friday because Hymes missed a team meeting.
- Five of Siena's seven victories have been by five points or fewer, and two have come in overtime (2-0). Eight of Siena's 22 losses have been by six points or fewer.
- Rob Poole is shooting 41% (24-58) from 3-point range in MAAC games. The rest of Siena's team is shooting just 29%.