March 1, 2013
O.D. Anosike will play his final game at Times Union Center tonight as the Saints look to run their Senior Day win streak to 12 years against archrival Marist at 7 p.m.
Anosike will be honored in a special pregame ceremony along with senior managers Jess Reinhardt, Michael McCabe and Joe Watroba.
Use the Buy Tickets link at the top of the page to purchase tickets, and the Gameday Central page to purchase the webstream, listen to the free Siena radio broadcast or follow along with Gametracker's live stats.
- Siena has won 11 straight Senior Day games. Seven of the 11 wins have come by double digits. The Saints have averaged 85 points in the 11 Senior Day wins. The last Senior Day loss came to Niagara on Feb. 24, 2001 (69-65)
- With a victory Siena will lock up a spot in the 8/9 game of the MAAC Championships Friday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- O.D. Anosike is one of just seven active DI players with 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds. Anosike is tied with Lee Matthews for second on Siena's all-time rebounding charts (1037).
- Junior Davis Martens doubled his career high in scoring in the Radford win Sunday (18 points) and equaled his career high in rebounds (9). Martens had established his career high in scoring (9) in the previous game against Loyola (2/16)
- The nine Saints averaging double-figure minutes have combined to miss 40 games (16%) this season
- Since January 17, Imoh Silas leads the nation in FG% (80%, 24-30). Silas has averaged 22.5 minutes the last five games after playing just three total minutes in the previous four combined.
- Chris Leppanen played 35 minutes in the Radford win, finishing with seven points and seven assists. Leppanen had played just 52 minutes all season prior to Sunday, posting just eight points and three assists.
- Trenity Burdine has averaged 10.8 ppg and 4.1 rpg since returning to the rotation nine games ago. Burdine has shot 54% from the field and 84% from the foul line over that stretch.
- The Saints have lost 20 games for just the third time in program history (22 losses in 1995-96 and 24 losses in 2004-05).
- Evan Hymes (ankle), Rakeem Brookins (back), Brett Bisping (skin rash) and Ryan Oliver (knee) all sat out the Radford game. Hymes is probable for the Marist game, Brookins and doubtful, and Bisping and Oliver will not play this weekend.
- Siena has had more turnovers than assists in all but one game this season (at Marist). The Saints rank 339 of 347 DI schools in turnover margin (-4.1)
- Siena is 7-7 when holding its opponent under 40% and 0-14 when the opposition shoots 40% or better
- Since January 1 (last 13 games), Siena ranks 57th nationally and second in the MAAC in free throw shooting (73.8%). Prior to January 1, the Saints were 342 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (58.9%).
- Siena has lost 18 of its last 20 MAAC road games. The Saints seven MAAC road losses this year have all come by double digits.
- Five of Siena's seven victories have been by five points or fewer, and two have come in overtime (2-0). Seven of Siena's 21 losses have been by six points or fewer.
- Rob Poole is shooting 42% (22-53) from 3-point range in MAAC games. The rest of Siena's team is shooting just 31%.