Feb. 23, 2013
The Siena men's basketball team plays its eighth and final BracketBusters game Sunday at noon with a home game against the Radford Highlanders of the Big South.
Use the Buy Tickets link at the top of the page to purchase tickets, and the Gameday Central page to purchase the webstream, listen to the free Siena radio broadcast or follow along with Gametracker's live stats.
- Siena has lost five straight games. The Saints are guaranteed to play a First Round game in the MAAC Championships Friday, March 8 and will be either the 8, 9 or 10 seed.
- Siena's been out-scored in the second half in each of its last 10 games. The Saints have been out-scored 386 (38) - 291 (29) in the second half over that stretch.
- Rakeem Brookins missed the last two games after reinjuring his back. Brookins has missed nine games this season due to his chronic back problems. He is doubtful for the Radford game.
- Evan Hymes injured his ankle in practice this week and is questionable for the Radford game.
- The nine Saints averaging double-figure minutes have combined to miss 36 games this season.
- Since January 17, Imoh Silas ranks second nationally in FG% (79%, 22-28)
- The Saints have lost 20 games for just the third time in program history (22 losses in 1995-96 and 24 losses in 2004-05).
- O.D. Anosike is one of just six active DI players with 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds. Anosike played a season-low 26 minutes in last Saturday's game.
- Since January 1 (last 13 games), Siena ranks 26th nationally and tops in the MAAC in free throw shooting (75.3%). Prior to January 1, the Saints were 342 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (58.9%).
- Trenity Burdine has averaged 10.5 ppg and 4.4 rpg since returning to the rotation eight games ago. Burdine has shot 53% from the field and 82% from the foul line over that stretch.
- Siena has had more turnovers than assists in all but one game this season (at Marist). The Saints rank 331st (of 347) in assist to turnover ratio (.645).
- Siena has lost 18 of its last 20 MAAC road games. The Saints seven MAAC road losses this year have all come by double digits.
- Siena is 0-14 when the opposition shoots 40% or better from the field. The Saints are 6-7 when holding opponent under 40%.
- Imoh Silas has averaged 22.5 minutes the last four games after playing just three total minutes in the previous four games combined. Silas has averaged 7.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks the last four games.
- Five of Siena's six victories have been by five points or fewer. Seven of Siena's 21 losses have been by six points or fewer.
- Rob Poole is shooting 42% (22-53) from 3-point range in MAAC games. The rest of Siena's team is shooting just 31%.