Feb. 14, 2013
Siena and Fairfield play the MAAC National Game of the Week on ESPN3 tonight at 8:30 p.m. at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport. Use the Gamday Central link to access the ESPN3 video feed, free Siena radio broadcast, live stats and latest information on both teams.
The Last Meeting
February 4, 2013
Fairfield Wears Down Siena
Maurice Barrow's layup with 10:08 to play broke a 41-41 tie and Fairfield led the rest of the way in posting a 64-54 MAAC win at Siena Monday night. Derek Needham scored a game-high 18 points to lead the Stags.
- The Saints have lost three straight games and are on the verge of their third 20-loss season in program history (22 losses in 95-96 and 24 losses in 04-05)
- O.D. Anosike
became just the third Saint and ninth MAAC player to reach 1,000 rebounds in Sunday's loss. Anosike is one of just three active DI players (Chris Gaston, Fordham; Arsalan Kazemi, Oregon) with 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds.
- Siena was out-scored 66-44 in the last 10 minutes of its three losses last week. The Saints trailed Saint Peter 55-54 with 3:20 left, led Loyola 37-36 with 11:14 to play, and were tied with Fairfield 41-41 with 10:10 remaining.
- Siena's been out-scored in the second half in each of its last eight games. The Saints have been out-scored 305 (38) - 234 (29) in the second half over that stretch.
- Since January 1 (last 11 games), Siena ranks 18th nationally in free throw shooting (76.9%). Prior to January 1, the Saints were 342 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (58.9%).
- Sophomore Brett Bisping
missed the last two games, but he returned to practice this week and is expected to be available Thursday.
- Rakeem Brookins
(0-8), Trenity Burdine
(0-5) and Evan Hymes
(3-15) shot just 11% (3-28) combined from 3-point range in the three losses last week.
- Siena has lost 17 of its last 19 MAAC road games. The Saints six MAAC road losses this year have all come by double digits.
- The nine Saints averaging double-figure minutes have combined to miss 32 games this season.
- Siena is 0-12 when the opposition shoots 40% or better from the field. The Saints are 6-7 when holding opponent under 40%.
- Siena has had more turnovers than assists in all but one game this season (at Marist). The Saints rank 330th (of 347) in assist to turnover ratio (.658). Siena had 19 turnovers in each of its last two games.
- All five of Siena's starters (against Loyola) are averaging double figures over the last six games.
- Trenity Burdine
has averaged 10.2 ppg and 5.0 rpg since returning to the rotation six games ago. Burdine has shot 52% from the field and 85% from the free throw line over that stretch.
- Imoh Silas
haveraged 24.5 minutes the last two games after playing just three total minutes in the previous four games combined.
- Evan Hymes
has shot 91% (31-34) from the free throw line over the last 12 games. Rakeem Brookins
has made 88% (37-42) of his free throws the last eight games.
- Five of Siena's six victories have been by five points or fewer. Seven of Siena's 16 losses have been by six points or fewer.
- Rob Poole
is shooting 44% (21-48) from 3-point range in MAAC games. The rest of Siena's team is shooting just 31%.