Feb. 8, 2013
Siena travels to Baltimore to face defending MAAC Champion Loyola Friday night in a game that will be nationally televised on ESPNU at 9 p.m. The Greyhounds are the only team in the MAAC Siena hasn't beaten since the start of last season.
Use the Gameday Centyral link at the top of the page to access the ESPN Watch link (only available in select areas), the Siena radio broadcast, Gametracker live stats and updated information on both teams.
- Trenity Burdine has reached double figures in each of the last four games after doing so just three times in the first 41 games of his career. Burdine's averaged 12 ppg and shot 60% (19-32) from the field sicne returning to the lineup from suspension four games ago.
- Siena is 0-11 when the opposition shoots 40% or better from the field. The Saints are 6-6 when holding opponent under 40%.
- Since January 1 (last 10 games), Siena ranks 37th nationally in free throw shooting (75.8%). Prior to January 1, the Saints were 342 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (58.9%).
- Siena has lost 15 of its last 17 MAAC road games. The Saints four MAAC road losses this year have all come by at least 19 points.
- The Saints have averaged 70 ppg using their new-look smaller lineup the last four games, but they've allowed 70 ppg. All five of Siena's current starters are averaging at least 11.8 ppg over the last four games, and the Saints are shooting 38% from 3-point range over that stretch.
- Evan Hymes has averaged a team-best 14.0 ppg over the last eight games and shot 51% (19-37) from 3-point range. Hymes averaged 10.5 ppg and shot just 27% (25-93) from 3-point range the first 15 games of the season. Hymes has shot 91% (31-34) from the free throw line over the last 10 games.
- Five of Siena's six victories have been by five points or fewer. Seven of Siena's 16 losses have been by six points or fewer.
- Rob Poole is averaging a team-best 13.3 points and shooting 43% from 3-point range in MAAC games.
- Rakeem Brookins is averaging 2.0 steals per game this season. He's made 87% (26-30) of his free throws the last six games.
- The nine Saints averaging double-figure minutes have combined to miss 28 games this season.
- Imoh Silas has played just three total minutes the last four games. Silas had started the previous seven games.
- O.D. Anosike is tied for the national lead in rebounding (11.6) and tied for fifth i n double-doubles (13). He's the only front court player in the nation to rank in the top-20 in minutes per game (4th - 37.7).
- Ryan Oliver will be out at least a month after having his knee scoped. Oliver had missed the last four games.