Feb. 3, 2013
The Siena men's basketball team plays a key league game against Fairfield Monday night at Times Union Center at 7 p.m. The Saints can move into a tie for sixth in the MAAC standing with a victory, or slip into eighth with a loss.
It's the third of four Siena Slam Dunkin' games this year meaning you can pick up a voucher for a $5 ticket at participating Capital Region Dunkin' Donuts, the front desk at Siena's Alumni Recreation Center of the Siena Fan Relations Center at Times Union Center Monday. It's also Charity Night.
The game will be televised across New York on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel. Use the guide on the right to find out where you can watch it in your area. You can also watch the Time Warner feed from anywhere in the world by purchasing the webstream. Simply use the Gameday Central link to access the feed, the free Siena radio broadcast, Gametracker's live stats and information on both teams.
Watch The GameAlbany (TWCSC 50 or 1803)
New York City (197)
Hudson Valley (413 or 461)
Central New York (813)
Western New York - Rochester (26) Western New York - Buffalo (713)
- Siena's won four of its last seven overall and three of its last four home games since its 11-game losing streak and 0-6 start at Times Union Center.
- Siena is one of just four DI schools with four players averaging 12.0 ppg. The others: North Carolina State, Syracuse and Michigan.
- Since January 1, Siena ranks 38th nationally in free throw shooting (75.6%). Prior to January 1, the Saints were 342 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (58.9%).
- Trenity Burdine has averaged 12.7 points and 5.7 rebounds while shooting 63% (15-24) from the field in the three games since he returned from his six-game suspension.
- The Saints have averaged 71.3 points per game, shot 47% from the field and 41% from 3-point range over the last three games, playing their new-look smaller lineup for the vast majority of the time.
- Evan Hymes has averaged 20.7 ppg and 5.7 apg over the last three games. He's also shot 57% (17-30) from the field, 64% (9-14) from 3-point range and 91% (19-21) from the foul line over that stretch.
- Five of Siena's six victories have been by five points or fewer. Seven of Siena's 16 losses have been by six points or fewer, and seven have been by 15 points or more.
- Rob Poole is averaging a team-best 13.9 points and shooting 44% from 3-point range in MAAC games. Poole is also tied for the team lead (Rakeem Brookins) in scoring in home games (13.0).
- Rakeem Brookins has averaged 15 points, shot 44% (7-16)from the field, 40% (2-5)from 3-point range and 93% (14-15) from the free throw line in the last two games (since returning to the lineup)
- The nine Saints averaging double-figure minutes have combined to miss 27 games this season.
- Imoh Silas returned to the rotation Friday night after missing two games with an ankle injury. He played just two minutes after starting the previous seven games he played.
- O.D. Anosike leads the nation in rebounding (11.7) and is tied for fifth in double-doubles (13). He's the only front court player in the nation to rank in the top-20 in minutes per game (4th - 37.7).
- Ryan Oliver will be out at least a month after having his knee scoped. Oliver had missed the last four games.