Jan. 26, 2013
Siena faces archrival Marist Sunday afternoon in Poughkeepsie in a game that will be televised across New York State on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel. Use the GameDay Central link to access the video stream, free radio broadcast, live stats and latest information on both teams.
Use the guide below to see what channel it is airing on in your area.
Watch The GameAlbany (TWCSC 50 or 1803)
New York City (197)
Hudson Valley (413 or 461)
Central New York (1026)
- Evan Hymes equaled a career-high with 30 points Friday night, the most scored by a Siena player since he first hit 30 at Mount St. Mary's (11/19/11) in the second game of his career
- Rob Poole (flu) and Trenity Burdine (academics) each returned to the rotation Friday after extended absences and each contributed. Poole had 14 points and six rebounds in 34 minutes after missing four games. Burdine had 11 points and four rebounds in 25 minutes after missing six straight contests.
- Poole is now tied for the team scoring lead (12.8). He leads the Saints in scoring in MAAC games (14.6), home games (13.0) and road games (13.1)
- Rakeem Brookins (back), Imoh Silas (ankle) and Ryan Oliver (knee) all missed Friday night's game. Head Coach Mitch Buonaguro indicated Brookins might be able to play Sunday.
- Siena has lost three straight, 14 of its last 16, and 16 of its 20 games this season.
- The 69 points Siena scored Friday marked the second most (75 at Fordham) the Saints have scored in a game all season
- Siena's shot 73.4% (113-154) from the free throw line over the last eight games. Evan Hymes has made 22-24 over that stretch thanks to his 12-13 performance on the stripe Friday.
- Four of Siena's 12 turnovers came in the final five minutes Friday with two coming in the final 37 seconds. The Saints have had at least as many turnovers as assists in every game this season.
- Siena's lost 15 of its last 16 MAAC road games. The Saints four MAAC road losses this year have all come by at least 19 points.
- Seven of Siena's 16 losses have been by six points or fewer. Seven have been by 15 points or more. Three of the team's four victories have been by five points or fewer (two coming in the final seconds, and one in overtime).
- O.D. Anosike ranks second nationally in rebounding (11.6) and is tied for third in double-doubles (12). He's the only front court player in the nation to rank in the top-20 in minutes per game (4th - 37.8). Anosike has averaged 10.5 points and 8.5 rebounds over the last six games. He averaged 13.7 points and 12.9 rebounds the first 14 games.
- In its four wins, Siena has held its opponents to just 52 ppg and 37%. The Saints are 0-10 when the opposition shoots 40% or better from the field, and 0-14 when opposition scores at least 60.
- Siena is the only team in the MAAC with four players averaging double figures. Those four (Anosike, Poole, Brookins and Hymes) account for 75% of the team's scoring this season.