Rob Poole is expected to return to the Siena rotation Friday night
Jan. 24, 2013
The Last Meeting
January 17, 2013
Niagara Barrels Over Siena
Niagara began the second half on a 27-7 run blowing open a six-point game in an 87-64 victory over Siena Thursday night in Lewiston. The Purple Eagles made 12 of their first 18 3-pointers and shot 54% from the field.
The Siena men's basketball team faces first place Niagara Friday night in a MAAC showdown at Times Union Center set to tip at 7 p.m. The Saints are looking for their third straight home win.
The game will be televised live across New York State on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel. Use the guide on the right of the page to see what channel it is airing on in your area. Fans can also watch the Time Warner telecast from anywhere in the world by purchasing the video stream at SienaAllAccess.com. Simply click on the GameDay Central box at the top of the page for links to the video stream, free radio broadcast, Gametracker live stats and latest information on both teams.
Watch The Game
Albany (TWCSC 50 or 1803)
New York City (197)
Hudson Valley (413 or 461)
Central New York (813)
Western New York - Buffalo (87)
- Siena has won two straight home games
- Rob Poole is probable after missing the last four games with the flu
- Rakeem Brookins is questionable after sitting out the second half of the Canisius game with a back injury
- Ryan Oliver's status is also questionable. Oliver missed the last two games and the majority of the Saint Peter's game with a knee injury
- Trenity Burdine (academics) is questionable. He could return to the rotation for the first time this calendar year.
- Imoh Silas (ankle) is questionable after injuring his ankle in practice Wednesday
- Siena was out-scored 163-108 at Niagara and Canisius last week. The Saints had 38 turnovers in the two games.
- Imoh Silas averaged 9.5 points, 4 rebounds and 2.5 blocks while shooting 75% from the field (9-12) in the two games
- The Saints four MAAC road losses have all come by at least 19 points. Seven of Siena's 15 losses have been by 15 points or more.
- Brett Bisping (11), Imoh Silas (11) and Chris Leppanen (4) all scored career highs in Thursday's loss at Niagara. Rich Audu (11) had a career-high at Canisius.
- The Saints have played 10 games decided by six points or fewer, and three of their four victories have been by five points or fewer (two coming in the final seconds, and one in overtime).
- O.D. Anosike leads the nation in rebounding (11.6) and is tied for third in double-doubles (12)
- Siena has shot 72% (93-129) from the free throw line over the last seven games. O.D. Anosike has made 68% (34-50) of his tries over that stretch.
- Rakeem Brookins leads the MAAC with 2.2 steals per game.
- In its four wins, Siena has held its opponents to just 52 ppg and 37%. The Saints are 0-9 when the opposition shoots 40% or better from the field
- Siena and Rider are the only teams in the MAAC with four players averaging double figures. Those four (Anosike, Poole, Brookins and Hymes) account for 75% of the team's scoring this season.
- The Saints have had at least as many turnovers as assists in every game this season.