Jan. 5, 2013
Siena travels to face Rider in a MAAC game Sunday afternoon in Lawrenceville. The Saints are coming off a hard-fought 66-62 loss to high-flying Iona Friday night. Use the Gameday Central link above to follow all the action!
The Last Meeting
December 7, 2012
Rider Holds Off Siena
Anthony Miles scored 20 points to lead Rider past Siena 62-56 in the MAAC opener for both schools Friday night in Albany. Rakeem Brookins came off the bench to score 12 points to lead the Saints.
- Rider is looking for its first series sweep of Siena since joining the league in 1997-98
- The Saints lost their seventh game by six points or fewer Friday night, falling 66-62 to Iona at home
- Siena gave up a double digit lead at home for the third time this season against the Gaels
- O.D. Anosike
leads the nation in rebounding (12.9/game) and double-doubles (11) and tops the MAAC in FG% (56.8%). He equaled a season-high with 19 points on 8-11 shooting in a dominant effort against Iona Friday night.
- Trenity Burdine
missed the Iona game due to academic issues. His return to the active rotation is uncertain.
- Evan Hymes
had seven assists and no turnovers Friday night marking his most assists and fewest turnovers in a game all season
- This is the second straight season Siena has started MAAC play 0-3. The Saints haven't been 0-4 in MAAC play since 2003-04.
- Siena's 10-game losing streak is the longest since the 2003-04 season when it also lost 10 straight games. The Saints lost 15 straight games at the end of the 1995-96 season.
- The Saints are second in the MAAC in FG% defense (41.3%) and third in 3-point FG% defense (30.6%).
- Rob Poole
has made 39% of his 3-pointers this season, sixth best in the MAAC (min. 20 made). Poole is also sixth in the league in 3-point field goals made (29).
- Rakeem Brookins
leads the MAAC with 2.4 steals per game
- Siena's 2-12 start is its worst ever through 14 games as a Division I program. The Saints last started 2-11 in 1970-71. Their worst start ever was 2-18 in 1959-60.
- Siena is the only MAAC team with four players averaging double figures
- The Saints have had at least as many turnovers as assists in every game this season
- Siena ranks 339 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (59.4%). The Saints have made 71% (20-28) free throws the last two games
The Saints return home to face Canisius Friday at 7 p.m. Visit any Capital Region Dunkin Donuts for a $5 ticket in Saints Heaven, or CLICK HERE to purchase tickets on-line.