Jan. 5, 2013
Siena travels to face Rider in a MAAC game Sunday afternoon in Lawrenceville. The Saints are coming off a hard-fought 66-62 loss to high-flying Iona Friday night. Use the Gameday Central link above to follow all the action!
- Rider is looking for its first series sweep of Siena since joining the league in 1997-98
- The Saints lost their seventh game by six points or fewer Friday night, falling 66-62 to Iona at home
- Siena gave up a double digit lead at home for the third time this season against the Gaels
- O.D. Anosike leads the nation in rebounding (12.9/game) and double-doubles (11) and tops the MAAC in FG% (56.8%). He equaled a season-high with 19 points on 8-11 shooting in a dominant effort against Iona Friday night.
- Trenity Burdine missed the Iona game due to academic issues. His return to the active rotation is uncertain.
- Evan Hymes had seven assists and no turnovers Friday night marking his most assists and fewest turnovers in a game all season
- This is the second straight season Siena has started MAAC play 0-3. The Saints haven't been 0-4 in MAAC play since 2003-04.
- Siena's 10-game losing streak is the longest since the 2003-04 season when it also lost 10 straight games. The Saints lost 15 straight games at the end of the 1995-96 season.
- The Saints are second in the MAAC in FG% defense (41.3%) and third in 3-point FG% defense (30.6%).
- Rob Poole has made 39% of his 3-pointers this season, sixth best in the MAAC (min. 20 made). Poole is also sixth in the league in 3-point field goals made (29).
- Rakeem Brookins leads the MAAC with 2.4 steals per game
- Siena's 2-12 start is its worst ever through 14 games as a Division I program. The Saints last started 2-11 in 1970-71. Their worst start ever was 2-18 in 1959-60.
- Siena is the only MAAC team with four players averaging double figures
- The Saints have had at least as many turnovers as assists in every game this season
- Siena ranks 339 of 347 schools in free throw shooting (59.4%). The Saints have made 71% (20-28) free throws the last two games
The Saints return home to face Canisius Friday at 7 p.m. Visit any Capital Region Dunkin Donuts for a $5 ticket in Saints Heaven, or CLICK HERE to purchase tickets on-line.