The Siena athletics internship program is an un-paid position for credit and/or field experience. We will work with you to ensure that any standards required to fulfill the expectations for college credit/field experience are met.
Siena College Athletics would like to fill the position for two development assistants.
The Athletic Development Assistant/Intern will report to the Assistant Athletic Director for Development and is a key member of the athletic development staff. This position is responsible for providing support and assistance with the daily operation of the athletic development office. This position will work closely with the athletic and college development staffs to coordinate and implement donor relations strategies for fundraising priorities.
- Assist with the distribution of premium seat tickets and parking passes to donors prior to the basketball season;
- Under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director for Development, coordination of the Saints Alive! Shootout golf outing;
- Under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director for Development, coordination of social media initiatives;
- Directly assist in all special events that are specific to the Athletic Department;
- Perform donor and prospect research;
- Basketball game day development support;
- Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Development of Saints Alive! with the coordination of the annual membership fund drive;
- Helping to identify, cultivate and solicit annual gifts from alumni and friends of Siena Athletics;
- Prepare and edit general correspondence to Saints Alive! members and prospects;
- Attend quarterly Saints Alive! Board meetings;
- Various duties as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director for Development.
Applicant must be enrolled in an college or university; major in business, marketing, public relations/communications, or athletic administration is preferred; excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; effective interpersonal skills; strong self-motivated work ethic as well as strong sense of team work are essential; excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail; and the ability to professionally represent the college by demonstrating pride and loyalty.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to: Ryan Venter, Assistant Athletic Director for Development, 515 Loudon Rd. Loudonville, NY 12211, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.For questions or additional information, please call (518) 783-2530.The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the internship is filled.
Siena College is a Franciscan and Catholic institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission.
Siena College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Siena College surveys all job applicants in accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor's affirmative action requirements. Therefore, we request that in addition to your application, you complete the Equal Employment Opportunity Data Form located at www.siena.edu/eeo. In order to complete the form, you will need the posting number for this position which is R1071. Any information you choose to provide on the Equal Employment Opportunity Data Form will be treated as personal and confidential and will be kept separate from your application for employment. Your cooperation is key to maintaining an effective equal opportunity program at Siena College and is greatly appreciated.